Marcell Gal (from Budapest, Hungary born in 1976) worked with MembersPage/MichaelKristensen to enhance the design in several ways, eg. the improved controllable flyback and software EventQueue? (that makes sequential injection and ignition possible) added GenBoard/MenuSystem, GenBoard/KeyBoard?, WideBand, BoostController and many other stuff: this way founded the movement (which this site is part of).
Arranges logistics eg. WebShop
Organized group manufacture, so 'assembled units are available': people have less work with collecting parts and soldering: except a few tall components like FETs and IGBTs are only mounted in the cased unit, while these few parts still need to be soldered onto the ultra-cost efficient still powerful 200 Euro GenBoard/VerThree assembled units.
- ofbiz tasks
- improved last-tooth trigger stuff
- doc GenBoard/Manual
A proposal to mount ethernet - I bet it will never happen, we have RS232, 1-wire and soon CAN and USB. Maybe on a CAN-Ethernet board just for comm...
look at microchips spi to ethernet part.
<kakmnstr> approximately how much IO does the rtl8019 - avr interface use?
<Letsmoveu> 8 for data
<Letsmoveu> 5 for addresses
<Letsmoveu> 3 for control lines
<Letsmoveu> 2 ports
<Letsmoveu> or, you may map rtl directly in high space of atmega128
<Letsmoveu> much better
<Letsmoveu> or use other cheap avr, 8515 for example, and connect a port to atmega128 for data trasnfer
<Letsmoveu> i like your project idea, maybe in extra time i'll write a module for your board
<Letsmoveu> i have to go. my yahoo id is "seek25". if you go ethernet you can message me for some suggestions
<Letsmoveu> have a nice day
Misc question on Honda cranking
on a Honda Civic 1.4L 1998: is it possible that the engine won't start if I push the brake at cranking? (it's cranking normally, just doesn't start.) If I don't push the brake, it starts normally (not as fast as my Opel, but OK).
A: Perhaps something to do with the brake booster feeding the engine "unaccounted for" air? Easy to check, just plug the hose.
- MembersPage/MarcellGal/EngineSwap opel 4 cyl 16V engine
- MembersPage/MarcellGal/PowerAndTraction audi 5 cyl 20V turbo engine
- MembersPage/MarcellGal/WoodGasifierEngine Wood gasifier for Otto engine or gas turbine
- MembersPage/MarcellGal/DetonationCycleGasTurbine Pulse-Jet gas-generator for compressorless gas turbine
I have a little problem with VR polarity. On the Opel Astra (GM type engine, 1.6L 4cyl wasted spark, X16SZR ) 60-2 crankwheel transmitter.
It turned out to be VR (not HALL). Quite obvious, since there is no 5 or 12V supply on the connector when ignitions is switched on.
- black-white (or black-grey ... it was a bit dark)
- red-white (or red-grey)
- black. this measures 0 Ohm from battery GND.Probably shield
The car i v3-ed for a friend is an Opel engine with the 60-2 wheel connected at the crank, the VR sensor colors matched the colors you described. VR+ = red/grey, VR- = black/white and the black one is shield/gnd. With trigger_tooth = 08, another_trigger_tooth=1E and ign_tdc_delay turned out to be 0x9A. It's supposed to be the same for a Opel Motronic setups. - DB
How to check?
- connect DVM (200mV), move the hammer close to the sensor, than move away. One dir gives + voltage while the other - voltage. Which direction gives positive when the DVM is connected with correct polarity ?
- apply a scope to check signal polarity
- or make a histogram of times (reversed polarity has characteristic pattern).
Thanx for the crank setup. I didn't expect so precise help so soon. In this case, I should ask about the coil-wires.
It's a pack of 2 coils (bigger than the usual ford coilpack) with 4 signals:
- black (I thought this can be 14V)
- brown this measures GND
possibilities for red-black and yellow-black:
- 2 raw coil signals
- 2 low-level coil-signals (IGBT in the coilpack). Polarity is question.
- one is event signal, the other is home (only active for 1/4 or 2/3). Everything is question in this case.
I took some logs (in binary 22-byte and [log in freetext megatune format]
- RPM signal - the 60-2 multitooth wheel worked perfectly. (I flagged an rpm_calc once (not twice) per crank rotation, but doubled rpm_k).
- MAP signal fixed (earlier maybe coolant valve or sg similar was connected to that channel, very low freq).
- I wonder if the ignadv values are reasonable (besides any offset). Unfortunately the signal can be different type than we thought: I made logs with secondary_trigger=29 (rising, alien1x files) and secondary_trigger=28 (falling, alien20 file)
- the dwell values .... well, should be good if ignadv is good ... but the ignadv is more important.
2005 July 7: EU parliament: software-patent directive is fortunately in the trashbin again No question the gangsters will try on, but at least they keep losing for now. This is tremendeously great for Europe: The economy can keep on building on fair competition instead of monopolies and law-mud.
- [Free Software Foundation site] There is already copyright on software which is just the right amount of legal protection.