Order items from: [webshop]
Because of holidays (and slower postal service), 2010 Dec 18 - Jan 5 the shop servicing will be slower.
Automatic payments = order is completed after the payment
Return to the shop when payment is done: click to "Finalize Order" / "Return to shopping" button. The final order is created at this point (if omitted for some reason after has payment gone through, the shop crew will notice the payment the next working day the latest. You can checkout cart with IBAN option and add a line to the order note about the payment to expedite the process).
- Visa / Mastercard Credit/debit card
- VEMS webshop never charges anyone's credit card, ever. We simply cannot! We have set up a path (gateway => our bank). You charge your card, and set some amount on this path (some of which reaches our bank account) See WebShop/CardTransactions for how it works.
- the card is charged in USD, this is how VISA works
- internal EUR->USD conversion can result in 0.9% higher total. IBAN recommended if this significantly exceeds your bank's IBAN/wire fee (which is 1..5 EUR, but "badly connected" banks can charge much more, so verify).
- if you have a special discount, or selected "IBAN" for other reason, but want to pay with card, paypal or IBAN, http://webstore.x-dsl.hu/directpay.php will guide you through the process
- paypal note: paypal rate for converting internal EUR->USD results in 3% higher price. Earlier paypal total fees were often 10% (when paypal USD pocket was used but EUR currency chosen; with the necessary convert back to USD for withdrawal: total paypal fees were 3+4+3% (most of which hidden in the exchange-rate: paypal's 6% spread between sell/purchase rates) that is prohibitive to say the least
- epointsystem.org - the only clearing system we've seen so far that you can audit yourself
Ikobo/moneybooker/paypal are referred to as "internet" payment (or email payment).
"Manual" payments => "IBAN/BIC/Swift/wire transfer" option
Order can be checked out with "IBAN", that is "no payment" at the moment; Payment is usually IBAN (=BIC=Swift=wire transfer) in this case, but it can be any other.
http://webstore.x-dsl.hu/directpay.php will guide you through the process and allow immediate payment for Visa / Mastercard / paypal. It will show you detailed information (including conversion to several currencies) for IBAN payment (which you can only initiate at your bank).
Ask about them - if there is a good reason...
- "Check" (USA only)
- "Money order" not well tested. Not recommended in USA
- Ithaka hours. New competing currencies are expected in near future as people start to understand the problems with fiat currencies (USD, EUR)
- barter (sw, hw, firmware developers, doc contributors)
- checkout.google.com - What about using Google.com checkout system?
Several orders (eg. your orders, or yours and your friend's) can be paid with 1 transfer.
You are welcome to write payment info (as a reply to the checkout or state-change email from "x-store") to help linking payment and order info (especially if the payment is IBAN/wire or comes from your friend, or several orders paid together). Linking payment to order is normally smooth using name, country, value, date, orderid, etc... data.
Choose Assembled controller first - with the options you need, of course
The assembled controller usually takes 3..6 working days to customize to your options (and test, package). Here is how you can get all your items ASAP, and still have more time to fine-tune the other items/quantities.
- Try to define the necessary options for the assembled controller as early as possible, and post it as an order
- preferrably include EC36-wire and EC18-wire or EC36-harness and EC18-harness
- preferrably write "Order of small parts will follow in 5 days" in the order note, so the shop crew will pack it together (should the assembled controller be completed before your new order is fired, they wait).
- You'll need a second order for the other parts, but you can subtract the 5 Euro P/P cost from the second order. With automated payment like paypal (that does not let you control the transfer value), write a few items (of appr. 3..7 Euro value, like 3 pieces of 2pin injector connectors) in the order note (so you don't pay for those)
This only applies to the assembled controller, not to bare genboard. Note that even resellers buy assembled controllers these days, except in rare cases of (usually problematic anyway) plug-n-play installs.
Globalization - Import tax
Sometimes packs from EU to non-EU are split to max 2kg "letter class mails" before sent. 2kg mails usually go through without hassle. Unless you request otherwise:
- we write no value on the pack
- even invoice is not included in the pack at all
- pack addressed in handwriting (not printed)
- "electronic sample for evaluation" (or similar) is written on the pack if requested
The normal way to do it is use split purchase value:
- low value for HW
- and most of the value assigned to license
- new product [EGT amplifier] with 1V/100C output (for DVM) and 0-5V output (1V/233C) for dataloggers
- it is possible to order assembled v3.x with non-standard features. Write wishes in the order note (several dealers have done this for a while). For example:
- LCD connector on DSUB9 endplate instead of the default flying loom LCD connection
- RS232, connector on DSUB9 endplate instead of the default (EC18pin14-15)
- panel-mount EGT connector on endplate (instead of flying loom)
- lower (than 510 Ohm) resistors for i259 logiclevel outputs for 5cyl that has nonstandard cheap VAG 1.8T COPs (these cheap active coils need stronger "logiclevel" drive: stepper outputs are commonly used for 4cyl, but the 4 stepper outputs are just not enough for 5cyl, so...).
- [EGT sensor with 6mm body and 2mm tip] thermocouple is extremely rigid and fast. Not available anywhere else
- Bosch fuelpump (see FuelSystem)
- Bosch motorsport ignition transformers (2x2 and 3x2)
- VAG active COP - same as used on the 1.8T - with harness (for connectors). Not generally recommended (because of mechanical fitting and since active, not suitable for CDI).
- Bosch knock sensor
- [Motronic 55 pin JPT connector] added to WebShop
- distributors shouldn't disclose their discounts. For v3.x, it is strongly recommended to not sell under WebShop prices, but provide support services instead (as a "value-added-reseller"). Much better for everyone (including customers)
- despite efforts to keep order/payment to sendout time near a week (only for assembled v3.x controllers, normally sooner), in several cases it was 2 weeks or more. We also suffer some delay with genboard v3.4 manufacturing, because of (PCB and chip) suppliers and lengthened pick-n-place queue. As an effect, there might be 6..8 working day v3.x blackout soon - sigh. Round and accessories is not effected.
- [Honeywell 1GT101 HALL sensor available]. Easy to mount, features very good characteristics. Often M6 or bigger screw heads are sensed, bolted on in a suitable pattern (8-1 or 12-1 or 2..3 evenly spaced as coil-type).
- new item: [Coolant temp sensor] added
- new item: [250kPa option] for the popular external MAP sensor, plug-in replacement for the 400kPa version (adjust config.kpafac and kpaoffs). Many engines work with less than 150 kPa boost (or NA), this is fine.
- more [sticker colors], 10-Pack added for your convenience
- planned, long pending groupbuy of automotive grade, 0.75mm2 or 0.5mm2 [Silicone wires] of 50 colors (color combinations, striped). 0.08 EUR/m if we buy 6000m of each color.
- banks in EU (except maybe UK) are starting to behave. The common charge for international IBAN transfers (even within EU) was appr. 10 Euro, now usually 1 Euro (even 0 for some banks and account-type). If you know about misbehaving banks that still charge a lot, you can write here so others can easily avoid it
- price of several items was slightly decreased. Especially:
- USB-RS232 adapter (high-speed capable plc2303 type, works with windows or linux, only 19 Euro !) Ask for custom price if Q > 9.
- green-black LCD. Blue LCD (that displays white text) is also available now.
- 2,3 and 5-pin sealed-sensor [connectors]. 3-pin "injector connector" (which is C-type junior-power-timer in fact, most often used for VR sensor) is available now. Boots are included with 2 and 3-pin connectors (of both type).
- WideBand connector (GenBoard/Manual/WBSensorConnection) with crimped long (appr. 2m, >6 feet) silicone insulation wires is an option
Question: Would it make sense to have fuel rail extrusions in stock? Shipping is a bit problematic... Like here: http://www.rossmachineracing.com/extrusionhouse.html
WebShop/BackLog page for requests for completing shipment when the primary shipping is done before all parts are available (everything is stocked for a long time now - except v3harness main part was delayed a few weeks by the manufacturer).
Note that the webshop email and contact is for shipping/pricing/billing. Use the wiki (see MembersPage) for technical issues. It saves you and the support crew a huge amount of time (more exactly, email wastes a huge amout of time, by splitting the details of the case to several messages and hiding the current status). In the best case, technical issues sent in email will be answered with delay.