This was originally supported in 1.0.x only.
1.1.x firmware notes
Now also supported in 1.1.x starting with 1.1.72
- but with 1.1.x firmware the 1.0.x config will NOT work, different config applies (needed: primary_trigger=A3, so use the configlet from new VemsTune and verify according to GenBoard/UnderDevelopment/FirmwareChanges )
Firmware 1.0.x config for trigger family, where we sync on the short gap (instead of the missing tooth bigger gap):
The fiatstilo bit must be enabled for both primary_trigger and secondary_trigger.
Worked with an earlier firwmare with fiatstilo style cam. Totally reworked so basically any reasonably cam pattern is supported (setting another_trigger_tooth) Tested with 1.0.68 firmware, 4 cyl wasted spark subaru trigger setup. (1.0.75 or latest release recommended)
- InputTrigger/SubaruTrigger 55 + 93 + 32 degrees
- MembersPage/FiatStilo 60 + 90 + 30
- InputTrigger/HondaFTwentyTrigger 12 x 30degrees + 10 degrees
As you see, we neglect longer gaps (150 .. 200% relative), and trigger on the shorter gap (appr 30 .. 34% relative).
Primary trigger settings
- primary_trigger=29 (decimal 41) that is:
- multitooth (bit1=0)
- multitooth advanced filter ON
- fiatstilo ON bit5=1
- rising edge
- multitooth advanced filter (you can tweak these advanced filter tresholds):
- toothrel_missing=F0 # or in megatune words:
- normal tooth: 16 .. 100%
- missing tooth: 125 .. 300%
If you have a distributer, disable (secondary_trigger=02).
Without distributer, camsync is needed! GenBoard/Manual/InputTriggerCamSync but there is something special about the implementation, so it is easiest to set at least the missing tooth toothwidth to 0. (there can be several working setup).
secondary_trigger=59 (decimal 89)
that is enabled, strig_camsync, coil type, rising edge
- enabled (bit1=0)
- filter OFF
- fiatstilo ON bit6=1
- although secondary_trigger=57 apparently made no difference on 1.1.6x, that is untested
uint8_t secondary_trigger; // trigger2, bit0 0:falling/1:rising, bit1 0:enable/1:disable, bit2 1:filtering, bit3 0:toothwheel/1:coil, bit4 0:alien advance/1:cam sync, bit5 1:both edge at cranking bit6:fiatstilo
- trigger_tooth=00 # currently neglected, use 00 for compatibility
- another_trigger_tooth=03 # for subarutrigger
The another_trigger_tooth refers to the cam_counter, that is we cam_sync after the 3 consecutive camtooth seen (see InputTrigger/SubaruTrigger). Set to 01 if you only have 1 camtooth.
Investigation at MembersPage/SkassaTriggerSubaru: another_trigger_tooth=03 might interfere with ignadv actuation ?
- If RPM reading is good (not half or double, can you check ?) with rpmk=0B and rpmk=B8
- The rpm is right,Skassa
- than spark ignadv should be OK (calculated from same "rpm_period" internal variable with function (ign_tdcdelay-ignadv)*rpm_period*const time after the pulse (at which we detect shortgap)
No surprise (4 cyl):
- ignchmax=03 # for 4cyl
- Wasted spark is recommended, eg h=02 03 02 03 ..,
- rpmk=0b # for 4cyl
- rpmk=b8 # for 4cyl
The following settings can be used to default the Subaru/Fiat Stillo trigger settings.
You will still need to adjust the ign_tdcdelay (TDC after the trigger in MegaTune) to tune the ignition advance.
primary_trigger=29 toothrel_normal=01 toothrel_missing=F0 tooth_wheel=02 trigger_tooth=00 another_trigger_tooth=03 secondary_trigger=59 tooth_wheel_twidth1=00 tooth_wheel_twidth2=00 crank_minper=00 cam_sync_r_edge_phase=00 cam_sync_f_edge_phase=00 reset_engphase_after=04
Other trigger wheels that fall in this category
Someone pasted this link on irc:
This looks like a variant of the "short-gap-trigger", should be possible to make it work with 1.0.x + proper configuration and benchtesting. We will help the setup after he makes his MembersPage.
Toyota Supra and Celica trigger Hardware
- For Supra 12+1 style (6 tooth on crank) Fero used 18k pullup for secondary VR (and assumedly there was no pulldown inside, and LM1815pin5 = open)
- For Celica 24+1 style (12 tooth on crank) Fero used 4.7k pulldown for secondary VR (and assumedly LM1815pin5 = open)