- Subaru Trigger is about the subaru 6+7 trigger (6 tooth crankwheel and 7 tooth camwheel)
2001 and newer Impreza WRX have a 36-2-2-2 InputTrigger/SubaruThirtySixMinusTwoMinusTwoMinusTwo crank trigger which is also implemented.
- A sloppy request sounds like:
- Subaru turbo, OEM engine, JDM 1997 2.0liter EJ20 280ps
- I think 1997 suggests 6+7 (and that suggests VR,VR can someone confirm VR,VR ?). EJ20R perhaps ?
- seems to match: EJ20R, EJ20X EJ20Y; two choices 6+7 VR/VR, or 36-2-2-2 VR + HALL/HALL
- See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subaru_EJ_engine#EJ20_Turbocharged
Works with the (pictures at the bottom) 6 tooth crankwheel and 7 tooth camwheel.
- supported with 1.0.x firmware and in 1.1.x starting with 1.1.72
- some old info for 1.0.x are on InputTrigger/ShortGapTrigger
- but with 1.1.x firmware the 1.0.x config will NOT work, different config applies (needed: primary_trigger=A3, use the configlet from new VemsTune and verify according to GenBoard/UnderDevelopment/FirmwareChanges )
- we made a tooth-counting approach that Jorgen recommended that does not care about time between tooth for decision. It works since 2010-06-15 with experimental 1.1.76 and 1.1.78 (even with very quickly varying input RPM). Some [configs] that were used for testing.
- see MembersPage/MichaelRichards/Projects/SubaruECU
- Seen on North American Legacy Turbo and the 2.5L SOHC plants (definitely on 99-01 plants, maybe on 02-03 plants and possibly earlier)
360 teeth not supported - the rest needs clarification. (separate page?)
- Older Subarus(L-Series) with ECU controlled ignition have Crank-position [Signal disc] in distributor.
- 360 little holes in outer ring presents Crank-angle in one degree/Percent precision (For engine speed signal)
- 360 pulses not supported. Rob made signal disks with less pulses, maybe they can be installed
- Four long holes, are crank angle signal. One of the holes is longer, indicating (possibly) Cyl 1. (Working on it!!)
Q: Any ideas how to make it work with genboar v3.0??
A: the 360-3 tooth crankwheel is definitely more than what current firmware can handle
Newer subarus (Legacy mark1) have triggers like these:
7 tooth cam wheel:
6 tooth crank wheel: