Skoda Octavia dedicated track race car with
- VAG Audi 1.8L 4cyl 20valve NA engine
- heavily modified intake system (individual throttle bodies,no airbox or filter)
- Kit-car exhaust manifold (very long 4 to 1 design)
- Skoda Motorsport 6 speed sequential gearbox with ignition cut at gearshifts
The engine is currently not controlled with
There would be appr. 6 similar installs within a year if all goes well.
Trigger setup - under investigation
- maybe 60-2 VR on crank - must be confirmed
- maybe 1-pulse HALL on cam - must be confirmed
Similar to the GM module on IgnitionPage/TransformerWithAmplifier but different pinout.
- The coil ( a wasted spark unit) has a 4 pin connector
- measured a switched 12Volt and a Ground on it. (with the "original" ECU.)
How can i determine which pin is which cylinder group?
WebShop text (for assembled controller) shows ignchannel3 and ignchannel5 are logiclevel. The DVM measures active 0V output on these by default (when inactive, eg. after powerup).
- eg. measures -12V with respect to +12V
- or measures -5V with respect to +5V
- h=03 05 03 05 .. .. .. ..
- you must apply a gap of max 2mm between the HV side terminals between cyl1 & cyl4; between cyl2 & cyl3. Simply, wires can be used for this, no need for sparkplug. in any case, don't hold them in hand, and don't kill yourself.
- mdn01 fires ignchannel5
- mdn02 fires ignchannel3
You might need to swap 03 and 05 in the h table, depending on which channel you want to time first after the missing tooth.
The genboard is wired up except the crank VR (hopefully a 60-2),WBO2,EGT,injectors and coils.It communicates with the megatune,TPS,batterycalibration,MAP already works
Please tell me how to wire up
- The WBO2. Link the info you've found and want to be verified. EC18 pinout should be correct, wbo2.com has the LSU4 pinout. 2 signals are not available on EC18:
- heater+ is switched, fused +12V
- we don't use the RCal wire
- Every injectors (the "injector common+" signal) must be directly connected to EC36pin23. 2 of the papers given with that device specify this. [shop text]. This is very easy (in fact obligatory) to test with DVM diode mode.
- AlphaN. The line of the VE table (RPM < hybrid_rpm_a) is selected according to the TPS position.
- hybrid_rpm_a = 3000 : below 3000 RPM, the 0..255 "kPa" in fact means 0..100% TPS
- hybrid_rpm_m = 4000 : above 4000 RPM, the 0..101 kPa means 0..101 kPa as usual
- in 1.0.18, config.config13 bit2 must be 1, this turns off MAP multiplying (alpha-n mode setting in MegaTune, but verify via mcd). This results in very steep VE table in the load direction, eg. values from 3..near 250
- 1.0.19 will have a small change: config.config13 bit2 = 0 (speed-density mode setting in MegaTune, but verify via mcd) will work too: MAP multiplying applied for RPM >= hybrid_rpm_m With this, the speed-density area of the VE table will look normal.
- How to wire the crank VR?
- VR has no supply (such as "Sensor5V")
- the VR- is GND (EC36pin26)
- the VR+ is the primary-trigger (EC36pin27)
- the middle is usually the shield. Use your DVM, appr 500 Ohm is typical for VR.
megmértem,a közepe és a "jobb" széle között 874ohm...
más variációban semmi....
- the VR sensor or the ECM is unlikely to be damaged if wired wrong
- if you are uncertain of VR+ and VR- (or if you experience strange errors, like RPM lost during certain conditions), apply InputTrigger/TriggerLog to be certain
- How can we wire up the microswitch (NOT found yet) for gearshift ignition cut ,and how can we configure it??
Looks like the Astralogger has its own sensors (checked all inputs ,working without "original" ECU, and ECU sensors). I think that the camsync signal is used by this logger for RPM signal... Nice.