Lexus - 300 2JZ ge VVTi engine...
v3 ECU 8291...
Triggerlog captured with retarded campos (unless noted in the filename)
Reviewed configuration and tested functionality, have applied safe defaults in several locations (there were weird values in many places, "Validate" warned about it. Updated configuration:
- primary trigger: 36-2
- secondary trigger: 3 tooth on cam
- Intake cam
- 1 coil
- Exhaust cam no VVTI
- From the triggerlog we assume only intake cam has position sensor (and VVTI)
it is PWM two pins
sync is working (2013-11-06 logs), vems see rpm but is less secondary trigger error im make log and trigger log
- uploaded new logs
- was the new recommended config used for this ?
- check in sectrig dialog: "ignore sectrig tooth above" = ... value 10 ?
Have reviewed latest logs for proper operation stay with firmware 1.2.11 (downgrade your firmware from 1.2.17 to 1.2.11). Also apply the full configuration not just the trigger section. Several potential other problems have also been corrected.
After this please try again and report - DB
problem with cam sync is solved cam works great
still have problem with rev max 4800 and vems say tooth cnt and next problem with first trigger tooth both problems described below
The logs posted below are taken with 1.2.17 firmware, did you downgrade to 1.2.11 as recommended above ? Your cam sync setup will not work otherwise
- Quick review of your log shows you changed trigger tooth, but tdc_after the trigger is unchanged. I suspect your initial timing is not calibrated properly. Before continuing any tests, please calibrate your timing (with a timing light, preferable a non adjustable one on the ignition lead, _not coil primary_ with locked engine timing) in a way that tdc after the trigger is within the recommended range of 60-80 degrees. Trigger tooth will most likely need to be adjusted.
- There is a config validation button in VemsTune this again warns about some improper dv/dt settings, engine off delay of 0.0s and some other small bits, please apply the full corrected config as suggested - DB
yes im downgrade to 1.2.11 and cam sync work ok im load full config but logs im make on firmvare 1.2.17 but is excaty the same problem on this software if you see trigger log vems doesnt see teeth.
in my ignition if im calibrate timing to real 0 engine dont work fine and when im cranking heve misfire and he blocked and rev wrong side this is my actual config
- please make a log file for us with 1.2.11 firmware and proposed corrected settings so we can review. Any other firmware logs/configs or deviation from proposed settings will not be reviewed. - DB
log on 1.2.11 firmware first trigger tooth 4 so my ignition is 40 degress advance from real 0 and car run great on idle and high rev but problem is when im want exceed 4800 rpm
- reviewed your 1.2.11 log, triggerlog shows real engine tdc is around tooth 2/14/26; change first trigger tooth to 7 and tdc after the trigger to 65. With forced advance at 0 (set cranking advance to 0), crank engine with injector plugs disconnected and make another triggerlog (crank for 7-10 seconds) cranking only not running.
- Please verify with timing light engine timing is correct (0 degrees and make sure your timing reference point is actually set at 0 zero degrees), but dont change any other settings.
- If you come back to us with another log (triggerlog and vemslog of cranking 8-10 seconds) we will review. - DB
new logs first trigger tooth 7 tdc after the trigger 65
- According to your triggerlog and configuration, timing should now be at exactly (+/-3 degrees) 0 degree mark during cranking, does timing light confirm this ? Timing mark cyl 1 zero degree lines up when using timing light (on cyl 1 ignition cable not coil primary) during cranking ?
at this configuration (first triger tooth 7 and tdc after the trigger 65) my real ignition measured on idle (used ignition lock to 0.5 degres) is around 18 - 20 degres advance (measured timing lamp on 1 st cylinder orginal mark )
tdc after the trigger change to 87
when im change tdc to 87 i have ideal 0 degres advance and engine running great at idle.
was only problem with rev 4800 when try revs more (on this configuration is happens exactly the same)
REV 4800 PROBLEM SOLVED
i have to big coil charge time i have 4 ms when im chango to 2 car revs to rev limiter
thanks for help
- Thanks for the report. Make sure the original mark is actually set at tdc (many oem marks for Asian cars are either 10 or 18 degrees). Nonetheless, glad to hear it is solved, have fun tuning it - DB
im found problem on only wasted spark configuration without cam sync engine rev only to 4800 rpm and car have misfire from exhaust when im change tooth angular width of tooth from 10 to 15 car revs to 7000 but i have much more ignition advance
this is log
and trigger log vems say tooth cnt
and one more problem:
when i have first rigger tooth 0 and tdc after the trigger my ignition is in real 0, when im start cranking engine sometimes block and turn wrong side , when car is running i can not maintain idle speed, the engine stops and has intake misfire
but when my config is first rigger toth 3 everythink works great car have great idle speed and smoth running but my real ignition is advance to 30 degrees and have problem with tooth cnt at 4700 rpm