VemsTune works with round of course
Round and AIM
The 5 byte AIM protocol is broken by design, the frame-byte is not the first, but the 2nd byte.
Therefore if round is using the serial line for AIM and some other protocol,
round cannot decide if it's AIM packet or other. Therefore it must wait more bytes before processing it (acting or answering). This broke vemstune communications (a workaround was implemented).
note to Developers: reproduce and fix
- gauge not even connected to the pc.
- I simply changed the vemstune device to "round", saved, and exited the vemstune.
- Then it would not re-start until I went into the venstune.ini and changed the device back to "v3"
Misc notes - clean up after adding pointers
I have the gauge set-up with the MegaTune now. I forgot that the MT even existed for the gauge, Sambas told me about it on the IRC.
I'm pretty happy with the gauge, I really like how versatile it is with the 8 modes.
Setup notes with MT screen shots:
- Is there a way to display Air/Fuel Ratio instead of Lambda when using the AIM display?
- sorry, typo!
- Finally, on the gauge itself.... is it possible to order this with a Male(pins) DB9 connector(and the RX wired to the ecu TX), so that customers can plug this directly into the ecu's Female(sockets) DB9?
- Yes, for displayonly round this is a good idea. This way PC needs adapter (only when I set-up the gauge), but connecting to v3.x does not. Thanx Kevin.