Subpage of MembersPage/Skassa
Note that name of this page does not match conventions, should be MembersPage/Skassa/Trigger?
Anyway, keep trigger notes together, don't scatter to MembersPage/Skassa/Questions
This is a sample pic and not mine!.
I have made the mistake to remove the tooth right before tdc and not 3 tooth before like on the pic,
Can this be of any trouble?
noise when cranking
- is like its missing some times, but only on cranking, in cranking datalog when runs at around 300rpm, but spikes to around 1800rpm, and that is what makes lots of trooble
- when its running, there is no problem
Ignition on, rpm shows 0, then crank it, running around 300rpm, with the spikes to 1800rpm, then i stop cranking,but leave the ignition on the rpm will show 100rpm(must times); than the fuelpump stops, rpm reads 0 again
- you can see that i use as much as i can on the TDC after trigger,that is becouse I removed the tooth just before TDC, so the angle is not ideal
- but if configured properly, this should NOT be a problem
- exact position ? The tooth _after_ the missing tooth is exactly at TDC than ?
- exact config ?
- first of all, it's basically impossible to make a proper wheel by cutting down teeth. The signal waveform will be terrible at the missing tooth, causing all kinds of problems. Look at a factory Bosch 60-2 wheel to see that it's not just grinded off teeth.
- ElectronicDesign/SoundRecorder can confirm this
- in fact without this it's very hard to tell if
- if you are lucky, it might just be reversed polarity VR (unlikely though). See InputTrigger/TriggerLog
- I have put on a 20k pullup on the trigger wire, no change at all,
- I have made lots of grounding to see if that could be the course, no change at all
- the problem is elsewhere, but you should do "proper grounding" instead of "lotsof grounding" ! See GenBoard/Manual/GroundConnections
- insufficient grounding (most likely VR- grounded at bad place, not near EC36pin26)
results in trigger noise, that is most significant during cranking (and suppressed during normal operation)
The gounding is made something like this:
- But with small change.The ones peter connenct to the batteri, * i have connected to the engine,and from the engine , i have * 10mm cable,to the same place as the pin26,and to the batteri * minus,and 5 other places in the engine bay
This is not what you need, please consult MembersPage/PhatBob/UserGuide to read more on the correct grounding method
- Iīm almost 100procent positive that it canīt be a ground problem!,but will change it.
- At first i had made the connection to the engine block,then i burned the ECU,becourse there was not a good ground from the chassis to the engine,that is also changed.
- the fuelpump switchon/off can trigger the VR inputtrigger when the engine is off (VR trigger sensitivity increases): this is normal. If grounding is properl, it won't effect normal operation since with running engine the input signal raises adaptive threshold that suppresses small 50..100mV noise.
- Because when cranking,with the injector plugs of so it will not start.
- what ?
- 17/10-06 Thanx all fore the help nice. I due not think that it is noise that is the problem regard to my page http://www.vems.hu/wiki/index.php?page=MembersPage%2FPeterJensenwiring I never had a trigger problem, but Skassa will make the MembersPage/PhatBob/UserGuide grounding method no problem.
- We have scooped the trigger signal and not seen any kind of problems/ noise cranking +- 0,5v running +- 1v
- Would it be a help to add an image of the scoop cranking and running?