Inline 5 cylinder engine with 15-1 crankwheel and camsync
5 Coil near plug
4 bar MAP
10 injectors running paralell
No IAC, or overrun, knock etc...
Currently running 1.0.53 without problems, but we need the improved ALS, so upgrade to 1.1.8 or 1.1.9 or similar recent firmware is considered.
- 1.1.9 has 16x14 tables (Kalske requested, needs MT changes; although 16x14 provides no technical advantages over 12x12, maybe this will be new standard for marketing reasons; maybe with an optional MT view that adjusts the 12x12 subtable and hides the rest; anyway, forget this until MT is tweaked)
- [v3_firmware_1.1.9_12x12.zip] recommended for this engine
- 15-1 HALL trigger on crank (24 crankdeg per tooth)
- 1 window HALL camsynk
No info to verify these, but shouldn't have changed (if they worked well, they will work well in 1.1.x)
Checking some variables at GenBoard/UnderDevelopment/FirmwareChanges
- tooth_wheel_twidth1=60 # 96 *0.25 deg = 24 crankdeg
- tooth_wheel_twidth2=C0 # 192*0.25 deg = 48 crankdeg
because of camsync:
- primary_trigger=10 # falling edge N-1 (no filtering)
- secondary_trigger=10 # falling edge, camsync ON
- note that bit3=1 should be used that is 18 (decimal 24), (since the secondary trigger is simple 1 pulse coiltype, not multitooth), but it makes no difference
There is not enough info to verify this. Rotate reftooth (0,6,12,18,24 when read in MegaTune from bottom to top) if the engine does not want to start. Or you can check with your light.
- h=18 12 0C 06 00 .. .. ..
cyl 1,2,4,5,3 firing sequence in straight mapping (cyl1..5 to channels 0..4). You can just leave this as is (and change reftooth instead):
- h=30 10 00 20 40 .. .. ..
(beware that it's not 03,01,00,02,04 since the ignition via stepper outputs is possible. Besides the h, this is the most important thing to watch when upgrading to 1.1.x)
No hint for the new ALS variables, it's a matter of taste. These allow gradual disabling of retard and igncut at low RPM. See MembersPage/GaborRacz/NewAlsLaunchAndOthers
BEWARE THAT in 1.1.9 the als_retard is ABSOLUTE, that is FROM TDC, which is likely to stay that way.
- als_retard=64 # decimal 100, that is 50 crankdeg ATDC
- BAD: als_retard=FF # 127.5 degrees is too high (even if max 64 degrees takes effect)
ALS lower ignition cut below 5000 RPM, and no igncut at all below 4000 RPM :
ALS lower retad below 3700 RPM, and no retard at all below 2500 RPM: