Parts Shopping List
Notes on what parts I use(d) and bought to get my GenBoard up and running.
Still need to buy :
- LSU4 WBO2 sensor (elsewhere)
Arrived 08/2004 :
- GenBoard v3.1 EUR 189.00
- 2.5 bar MAP sensor MPX4250AP EUR 23.00
- 3x IGBT (waste spark ignition, 4cyl, one spare) EUR 12.00
- 10x FETs (all the outputs I will ever need - I hope, for two sets of 4 injectors, the WBO2 and a spare.) EUR 20.00
- PWM kit (comes standard on v3.1)
- Knock chip TPIC8101DW EUR 6.00
- Wideband connector EUR 19.00
- LCD for bench testing, maybe in car EUR 28.00
- Shipping EUR 5.00
Case & Connectors:
I will install it into a factory ECU case. Will use the standard connectors and part of the original wiring of the car. I'll seal the case and install the unit into the designated plastic box under the bonnet unless heat issues dictate otherwise.
- Use standard water temp sensor
- Use standard (VR) crank pickup
Note that at this point there are several interesting things (especially around WBO2, lambda and knock) that are hard to get on the PC-screen (impossible with the somewhat limited MegaTune), especially at the same time (while available on LCD screen out-of-the-box). Of course you can write OtherTuningSoftware any time so the indication is solved. Anyway, the LCD is very useful.