Help Wanted! :)
Since it's a commercial target I will of course offer payment to the people who are willing to contribute. The code that will be written for that project can be used in the VEMS project (for example the USB part).
Description of the board:
- The CPU is AtMega64 with pdiusbd 12 for interfacing with USB. The two serial ports of the '64 are used for external devices and should be forwarded over USB to the host pc like ordinary serial ports. Why not FTDI USB? (that requires little to no change to RS232 code).
- There is also a keyboard connected to the '64, it's a custom keyboard connected with a few wires, it also should forward all collected data to the pc. Why not standard PS2 keyboard? Is it a special form factor or something? The protocol is important, if it's not standard.
- There are some extra switches(again fwd to pc), 1 relay, 2 counter outputs, and a few simple io lines again controlled by the pc. (sounds like something a GenBoard/VerThree could do for rediculously low cost: will be very cheap if you need 10 or more).
What is done:
The USB interface is done on a 8515, now it should be ported to '64.
The USB driver framework for linux (??) is there wich works for the old revision of the board, so it would probably not take much changes to make it work.
PCB 70% done; USB, Power, Serial ports, ISP, and 50% of the IO's are done, I already have 2 test boards wich can be programmed via ISP.
- What is the expected HWcount that it will ship? This determines if it's feasible to make a special layout (perhaps reinventing the wheel) or use a generic one.
- what are supply requirement?
- what are mechanical requirements?
- what are other requirements?
When it should be finished:
There is no exact deadline, but in a reasonable time it should be done, so I would like to monitor the process in a way that I get the changes every few days.
For the whole thing to be secure for both parties we can go to smething like www.rentacoder.com