Here's the Atmel site for the mega128 with links to the data sheet and instruction set:
Atmel Mega 128 is a very powerful controller:
- powerful (AVR) advanced RISC instruction set
- 128kbyte flash, (writeable during operation, over 10000 times cycles, can be used for logging.
- 4kbyte EEPROM, 4kbyte RAM,
- 8 x 10 bit AD inputs,
- several counters(perfect for EventQueue? interrupt), with good capture register
- programmable in C and
- lotsof fine things, under 20 Euro.
More info at www.atmel.com.
- WinAVR AVR suite for Win32
- AtMega/JTaG or AtMega/JTaG/Hungarian
AtMega/MicaMote is a Berkeley opensource project containing networking stack and lots of interesting stuff with worldwide support for atmega microcontrollers.