Safe Fusing Of The ECU
Constructing a custom loom to match application perfectly.
Injector output power circuit in this application will be fused at 5 amps. Fuse best placed to protect FET's rated at ~7amps continuous.
I have calculated the 'worst case scenario' loading for the injector outputs should they all be 'ON' (unlikely) using the coil resistance of the solenoids and injectors.
- 4x injectors at 14ohm
- 1x boost solenoid at 27ohm
- 1x Emissions purge solenoid at 24ohm
- The resulting parallel circuit resistance is 2.77ohm
- The resulting current draw in worst case is 14.5/2.77=5.3 amps
Ignition 10amps (if not less?) appropriate for 4x COP's? *The Toyota Yaris coils are often used to upgrade a wasted spark coil pack on the Mitsubishi Evo's and they use the original coil wiring which is fused at 10amps.
- Not having probed the coils, 10amps seems reasonable since that is what I used previously with wasted spark coil pack and Desno inductive COP's.
WBO2 heater circuit suggested fuse rating of 5amps.
Return to MembersPage/Sprocket