IMPORTANT: Injector outputs wiring
- Ok i see wiring connections needed so her you go.
- Wiring is made by vems hq and documentation can be found her *http://www.vems.dk/cart/v3Harness.rar
- cyl1 line A yellow ec 36 pin 7
- cyl3 line B orange ec 36 pin 19
- cyl4 line C brown ec 36 pin 8
- cyl2 line D white ec 36 pin 20
I believe that
pin 7 and 8 is group 0 (cyl 1-4)
pin 19 and 20 is group 4 (cyl 2-3
We're discussing injector output configuration for 3 days now, but the injector output wiring is still not written ! We can only recommend best grouping when injector output wiring is known
recommended (sw grouping): Wire 1 output to one injector (grouping happens in config) !
- NOT recommended (hw grouping): Wiring 2 outputs together and driving 2 injectors is possible (as Marcell said on phone), but must be grouped in config anyway.
- This has no advantage. On the countrary: if misconfigured, injoutputs will be stressed. Also, if camHALL masking signal is connected, this HW prevents proper injector-angle settings
We used h=03 00 00 0C 10 00 00 00
but h=05 00 00 0A ... might be better ... depending on how injectors are wired. Grouping cyl1,4 and cyl2,3 is recommended
2010-11-17 HQ room testing with VT play trigger trigger type c130:
- BAD cfg: http://www.vems.hu/files/MembersPage/PeterJensen/porsche_944/16_11_2010/v3.3_n003352-A-2010.11.16-16.58.13_pb.vemscfg
- injector outputs need regrouping
- secondary trigger settings-> minimum, maximum values (changed to 1, 360)
In cranking it is working fine all 4 injector groups are firing, but when it leaves cranking rpm the
with default h=01 02 04 08 ... Inj group 1,2 are stopped. Only 0,3 are working.
You need to use
h=05 00 00 0A ...
(that is with alternate=13; alternate=11 would be h=05 0A ... )
We used h=03 00 00 0C 10 00 00 00
Need a little help to set this car up.
Car Porsche 944 2.5 N/A 1984, 4 cyl
Firing order = 1342
using only 1 coil + distributer
Porsche Audacity trigger recordings
Config and logs
We are sweeping the secondary trigger position
- if changes multiple tooth we can see a trigger error and then goes everything good
- if the change is little no problem detected
We tested 1.1.85 with auditrigger divby5 and c130. works like a charm.
- 1.1.85 (not yet released), November 15
- re-download if you have older version (old one might have incompatible real-time comm)
- all 4 injectors and 1 ignition (as configured) works
- we used [this config]
- note that we disabled config-switching. Always disable, and only enable when engine runs properly.
- we used Tools/Play Trigger, and we manually changed signal pattern to c130 before pressing play.
- note that trigger play shows twice RPM compare to ECU, because it thinks the 130 tooth is 1 engine camshaft rev, while in this case it's 1 crankshaft revolution. The ECU shows correct RPM.
Assuming 130 crank tooth and one crank ref tooth (Auditrigger) see trigger log
No camhall masking is used. Since there is no cam-HALL inverter in the box, EC36/13 camHALL input can be left unconnected (>3V).
Result of today's testing.
Loaded firmw 1.1.85
changed toothrel_missing=04 manually in the config file (did not find tag in VT)
- perfect !
div by 2
number of teeth on wheel 26
first trigger tooth 1
next trigger tooth 13
width of tooth 13.75
- The car did not fire and somehow I lost real-time data in Vt (Still can changes parameters).
- unfortunately - there was a misunderstanding, sorry - the new real-time data format (that can be interleaved with triggerlog). It was not yet fully implemented in the unreleased 1.1.85 on Friday
- Now we added command 126 to send real-time data in triggerlog.framing format. Changed back so 'D' sends in old format (so megatune compatibility is still possible). Should be fixed in the (still unreleased) 1.1.85 now - we're also testing it. I don't know if it cooperates with Friday nightly VT, but we upload new VT nightly soon anyway
I due not hope it´s the “I button immobilizer” that's cursing these problems. => no, just don't enable I-button immobilizer. Use the default mode: "prohibit according to firmware version" (this SafetyMode was very important to prevent more flooding when not following the procedure).
(eg, configswitch should never be enabled during setup).
- If so, than each trigger period is one crankrev, 130 primtrig pulse.
- c130 trigger pattern ("c130" can be entered in play trigger dialog, right ? Enter before start "play")
- tooth_wheel=41 ? 130 divby2 is 65 might be good after all
- but hey... 65 tooth is NOT divisible by 2.
- so another_trigger_tooth=21 (33, vs 65/2) is rounded up, so needs some trick
- Emil had a brilliant idea: another_trigger_tooth=21 (decimal 33) - rounding up seems better
- definitely needs benchtest (or strobing at the very minimum), but igntrim could easily adjust cyl2,3 that should be timed by the tooth neglected because of divby2 ( 2.75 deg igntrim is perfect).
- But even than, with this setup RPM reading will fluctuate +-1.5% (not a big problem, but would hide individual power and even some more important information)
- you can only delay with igntrim (not advance). But you can delay the OTHER cyls, eg. cyl1,4 if you like
- alternative2: Maybe we have to try with normal coiltype trigger ? (not auditrigger-divby2). This might limit max RPM.
divby5 allowed in 1.1.85: divby2 setting now means divbyANY mode
See 1.1.85 in GenBoard/UnderDevelopment/FirmwareChanges (a testing 1.1.85 into cell.dyndns.ws/f/ )
- together with divby2 (will be renamed to divbyANY) this means divby5 (reducing 130 to 26 tooth)
- another_trigger_tooth=0d (13 decimal)
- reftooth should be 0,13,0,13 withOUT camHALL
Benchtest is needed. The 135 tooth worked up to 11k in earlier tests with same trick (a higher divider).
The car starts and run but above cranking RPM, it will not fire injector group 1 and 2 (group 0 and 3 is ok) so we used 0 and 3(see config)
All outputs tested ok and injectors also firing when ignition go high (primepulse).
Possibly just a error is settings but I can´t simulate this type of trigger so need help.
ECU was equipped with auditrigger but withOUT cam-HALL inverter).