Current setup 2014: I used Emanage for a while but now I swiched back to VEMS 3.7.
Volvo S70R built '01 B5244T3 LPT engine with ported RN *head, Dual VVT, but my exhaust side is fixed.
- 2435cc 9.0 compression
- TD05/06 HRC 20G turbo
- 3" free flowing exhaust
- 550 Bosch injectors/ 850cc Bosch EV14 for ethanol
- Walbro 255 pump
- Wideband (any LSU4 sensor works)
- EGT (after turbo, in dp…should be relocated into the collector)
- Volvo COPs..dwell: ~2.1ms@14V (not sure if it’s the right value *for Volvo coil)
- Trigger setup:
- h=08 02 01 04 10 20 40 80 /injetor fire order
- h=00 60 48 30 18 FF FF FF /Trigger tooth
- h=00 70 60 30 10 10 60 60 /Ign fire order
- Boost control: done, works with stock TCV
- IDLE: stock, works
- Tachometer: Can be Motronic or a pulled 12V output from vems (divider 20)
- Coolant temp: ECC also requires it, so we have two options.
- Hook up Motronic, give pos, negative wires and only the coolant signals, but in this case you need a separate sensor for Vems, I used a RN one.
- Create a small 2$ circuit to generate frequency to instrument panel: 40Hz-21Hz (20°-100°)
- WheelSpeed?/roadspeed: not ready (VEMS boards after 2010 can handle 0-12v signals!)
- Knock control: not ready yet (works at my buddy)
- Traction control could be set up, but not so important to me.
- Climate control: produce 5°C/ 41°K cold air, works with most of the (important) functions. I had to hook up Motronic to achieve this. IDLE still drops a bit, but I can install a little valve which separately allows more air into Intake when M4.4 activate the compressor.
​ Full automatic, monitors high pressure side, which triggers the fan low/ high speed depending on the pressure. Shut down the compressor over 125°C or above 30bar on pressure side... So it unable to overload.
Requires the following signals:
Power and grounds, "High" Pressure sensor, stock coolant signal, Pressostat "low" press switch, RPM signal, Low and High speed of the Fan
Fine tune start up time, shorter cranking from 2-3 seconds)
VVT control setup
Trip Computer: could be handled in the future, but not important, because Vems can display consumption in main screen, present and average also.
Former car setup on vems in 2010: Volvo 740
1st setup was: B230FT, ported 19T, port&polish 531 w/ 38exht valves, running E85, MS2 V3 Extra management system was until one year... Then back to Fred chips :P. -->280HP
2nd: T5 Swap: S70 B5254T engine with TD04HL-19T turbo. Goal is above 300HP on E85 fuel
Used Firmware: 1.1.80 + VemsTune
Vems case is a 960 Motronic ECU
Big 20x4 LCD
Bosch 7057 Wideband
Fuel supported by 65lb Siemens Deka's
Volvo T6 COP's
Stock 60-2 flywheel, VR sensor
Stock CAM HALL sensor (according to logs, rising edge re-clocked between cyl 3&1)
Config and logs: http://www.vems.hu/files/NitroX5/