I'm using firmware version 1.0.53. Can someone please look at my files. They are really messed up. Because I loaded some other config files also.
If someone has config files for firmware 1.0.53 with 60-2 VR trigger. Please post them.
I'm reading all day. And I don't know what to do anymore.
Reading only will get you nowhere. So start writing.
For each subsystem,
- exactly how you intend to set up
- how you wired
- how you think should be configured
There are too many information (versatility) so you while you read, you need to translate (and write) the stuff into the exact terms of your own setup.
With their 3d .. 15th installs "experienced installers" tend to do it on the fly (which often costs them much time and pain and turns out to be a bad idea), but for the 1st install the only solution to proceed is to go into the fine details, specifically to your setup.
It took me a year to build my car&engine. I really want to hear the engine run! :)
These configs might as well start your engine (except the warmup bins). However, most of the setup simply cannot be verified because of the insufficient info you provided. Just some examples:
- ignition cyl(pair) assignment
- missing tooth position
- injector sizing
- injector impedance
Quick review. Drop these and update the relevant subsystem (include the necessary detailed info, and the best-guess so far).
- looks right for 1,3,4,2 firing sequence with natural injector output allocation (output A,B,C,D to cyl 1,2,3,4):
- h=01 02 08 04 00 00 00 00
- See MembersPage/BorisRieken/TryingToStart for h hints. Fill at least the first four element: Repeat the 02, 03 and use ignchmax=03 (instead of ignchmax=01). This matters little until you want to do per cylinder knock retard, but why not do the proper way from the start ?
- k=19 1E 23 28 2D 32 4B 5A 69 7D 96 A0
- the lowest kPa bin is usually 10 .. 20kPa (not 25kPa as you have currently)
- fix the highest RPM,MAP bin of your VE (even if not reached normally)
- alternate=13 # fire all injector during cranking
- rev_limit=41 # 6500 RPM is good for now
- trigger_tooth=08 => see MembersPage/BorisRieken/TryingToStart "Missing tooth position"
- warmup_clt=64 is OK, but the rest 9 bins are very dumb, not even monotonous ! Use an increasing 100 .. 200 decimal (64 ..C8 hexa) in the 10 bins to start with. Only possible to finetune after the VE table is tuned with warm engine.
The rest might seem minor, if you just want to start your engine but best to fix them now :
- primep=70 (instead of 0)
- primep_temp_scaling=00 (instead of A0, that is 160/255=63%)
- crank_minper=C8 # lower this (even to 40 or so, appr 1/3 of current value), maybe this would prevent revving above a few thousand RPM. Missing tooth trigger easily catches noises without this "extra sanity check".
- injopen=00 # use 0 instead of 13
- battfac=20 # 09*16=144 usec is extremely small. If alternator fails, and voltage drops, your mixture will go lean. Use 512 usec to be safer.
- injpwmt=FF # use 25.5 msec injector peak time, unless you want PWM (you don't need PWM-ing, right ?)
- als_launch_input=CC # disable inputs; FF sets internal inputs that are normally inactive, but DF might unintentionally activate ...
- iac_tps_thres=04 # 0F is a bit too high. Best to adjust your tps_low properly and go with a low iac TPS threshold
I know about the (IMHO trash) practice to start with overrun fuelcut disabled (by threshold=25500 RPM ). If you set tps_low and iac_tps_thres to anything reasonable, this will not activate fuelcut with throttle pressed. With throttle released, you definitely do not want 6500 RPM redline (say, if air enters somehow). Regulate lower to 1600 .. 2500 RPM with the help of overrun fuelcut. Just remember where you adjust it, and if you can rev there, but not beyond, you might suspect having made a mistake during the very simple tasks of setting tps_low or iac_tps_thres. Than move overrun fuelcut higher to see if the engine revs further. Also, check your logs.