5 Bosch 0280 155 968, 465cc at 3.8bar. The "Green Giants" from Volvo S60R/V70R.
Not aquired yet, hoping to get a cheap set of regular non-oil-cooled coils or maybe coils from a marine or snow-scooter engine. If any one has 5 identical coils for sale feel free to contact me.
Idle Air Valve
From a '94 Audi NG motor, partnr 048 133 455. Measures ~8.9ohm and current draw is 1.4A at 12V. Should be PWM controllable.
- 1.4A is too high for the stepper chip, so use a free
- FET (connect electrically exactly like it was an injector: share fuse with other injectors)
- or IGBT (use individual fuse). external flyback diode possible (like an 1n4007 from GenBoard/VerThree/RescueKit) to reduce emitted noise
Boost Control Solenoid
Audi solenoid. Found one behind the dashboard that controls the actuator for the A/C air. Since I've removed the A/C stuff I can use this one. It should work.
- Part number 437 906 283 A
- resistance ~37.5ohm current draw 320mA
- prefer a free FET (connect electrically exactly like it was an injector: share fuse with other injectors)
- if you use an IGBT, a flyback diode (like an 1n4007 from GenBoard/VerThree/RescueKit) is recommended
For any flyback (more on GenBoard/Manual/DDFlyback), the diode
- cathode (- marked) goes to the +12V side of the coil (relay, solenoid, etc...)
- while the anode is connected to the switched point (which is switched to GND
For the 4 stepper and the 8 injector outputs, the diodes are inside the controller (only the EC36pin23 wire is needed externally to complete the circuit). The IGBT and p259 outputs have (50V and 400V respectively) clamp to GND but external flyback can decrease the stress (max voltage and dissipated heat) and emitted noise.
A pulsed 12V output (like a stepper output) might work. Will have to look more in to this later. Some tachometer (RPM gauge especially older designs) requires high voltage to trigger, which is possible with an IGBT output and an [inductor]