Developer notes on publishing GenBoard/Manual
- SVN and HTML have been updated as of 20061128. Please review HTML output and manual.xml to be sure HTML output is correct and complete.
- To update HTML, execute buildmanual.xml from /svn/manual directory
Other output formats
Producing formatted output is fairly easy with the XML files. Currently we've got chunked HTML and PDF output working:
- HTML is produced by running a slightly tweaked DocBook transform. We use a file called vems.xsl which sets the stylesheet then imports the standard chunk.xsl. The output can be seen [here].
- PDF is produced by running the fo/docbook.xsl transform to make a FO (Formatting Object) file, then using [Apache FOP] to convert this to PDF. There are other options for output such as PS, PCL, and even SVG, but PDF is the most useful to us. We'll probably make a custom XSL for this conversion too, so we can tweak the output to our needs. A "first cut" example of the PDF output is [here] (781 kB PDF file).
- fo/docbook.xsl does not exist on new server. Can somone please copy it over to the new server?