I have a unit that after a possible fault in wiring do not have any 5v for TPS or 5v supply. Messured agains ground i get a very short blip of voltage, then nothing.
I suspect the 5volt regulator is dead. My question is, how I go about finding a replacement and I want to make sure that the one I think it is is the right one.
I think i have found this component to be the 5-volt regulator, correct? The circled one.
- yes, SOT89 (either 78L05 specified max 100mA, or some Torex specified 150mA).
- After that is removed, the main 5V (the big pad of MC33269-DT5 DPAK package) can be connected to EC36/pin28 (only if you certainly know that the harness is fixed).
- better yet, find the SOT89 78L05 "PS2 regulator" next to the AVR, it's 5V output is available on the 4 pin header ... connect that (normally unused anyway).
Is that a zener diode next to it back to ground? Could this also be defective?
- no, it is a 10uF (25V) ceramic capacitor (1210 or 1206 size)
- unlikely to be dead, should be safe to keep it