Westfield 4.6 Rover V8 (VEMS EFI)
- 1997 Westfield Seight (S8)
- Big alloy radiator
- 4 Pot alloy billet front calipers with drilled & grooved discs
- 2 Pot alloy billet rear handbrake calipers
- 3.92 rear 7ins ford LSD differential
- Rover LT77 (heavy duty ) gearbox
- Toyo R888 tyres (205x50x15)
- Protec alloy dampers all round (350lbs front & 275lbs rear)
- Rover V8 4600cc (S46D)
- Stage 4 cylinder heads
- Polished & ported 48mm inlet manifold
- Polished & ported 48mm trumpet base
- Piper 285 camshaft
- Serpentine front end & oil Pump
- Modified plenum chamber (standard bore)
- Trap door lowered sump
- Gems flywheel with rear pickup
- what primary trigger pattern ? 36-1(trigger 20deg from tdc)
- Magnecor 8mm plug leads
- Rhodes lifters
- Crane adjustable pushrods
- 220cc injectors
- Genboard V3.3
- 400kpa map sensor
- 20x4 LCD dash display
- 4 wire stepper motor
- 2off knock sensors
- 1off lambda sensor
- EGT thermocouple
- 4 coils runnings wasted spark
Picures and latest config & vemslog can be found here
More pictures can be found here.
Winter 2010 Upgrades included
- ACT carbon fibre plenum chamber, which required cutting & welding the original land rover GEMS efi throttle housing to an adpater plate to make it fit the plenum, so i could use the throttle switch and idle motor, this way the wiring was as my original aluminium plenum.
Picture here of welded & fitted item.
- next mod was to install & fit a GPS sensor to use for data logging to the VEMS ECU, i bought a evermore GM-700A reciever as this uses RS232 DB9 connection and outputs NMEA data, extactly what the VEMS needs, to power the unit i installed a PS2 connection in to the VEMS backplate.
Picture of wiring & GPS installation.
2011 Upgrades (hopefully to include)
- Installation of second knock channel (0) to ecu, as ecu came with only channel 1 installed and for V8 2 channels are required.
- Proper rolling road tuning (when engine has done enough miles) currently engine only done about 340miles since rebuild.
- Full camsync using either a modified front camshaft sporket or using orginial land rover GEMS efi sprocket, but this uses 2 pulses per revolution, and i am hoping new firmware might enable me to use this at sometime in the future.