Versatile Engine Management System
VEMS gives you the full engine control that you need to bring out the best performance from your turbo/supercharged or normally aspirated engine. It has been developed by Motorsports enthusiasts to provide other enthusiasts with a complete system with features only found in the more expensive 'high end' engine management systems.
- Sequential Control of upto 8 banks of injectors
- Built in transistorised coil igniters for upto 8 coils
- Built in Wideband controller
- Turbo friendly features such as Exhaust Gas Temperature, Anti-lag, and boost control.
- Configurable control of low and high current drivers for lights, relays and solanoids.
- Field upgradable software.
- High Quality Case and Connectors.
- Datalogging via serial connection.
- Advanced Idle Air Control.
VEMS utilises an advanced RISC microprocessor and surface mounted component technology, that is way beyond that of the DIY kits available. But we've not forgotten what made VEMS what it is, you can still buy a semi-complete DIY kit should you want to learn about Engine Management systems, or join in with the VEMS development team, or even try your own custom solution.
Ask your regional VEMS dealer for more information.
VEMS is manufactured in the E.U.
VEMS can be configured to use almost any standard OEM sensor for:
- Throttle position.
- Coolant temperature.
- Air temperature.
- Crank and Cam sensors - configurable for the standard OEM configurations such as Ford 36-1, GM/Bosch 60-2, Audi 5 cylinder 135 tooth as well as being customizable for many different timing strategies.
- Manifold Pressure through a choice of either 250kpa or 400kpa built-in pressure sensor, or an external OEM type.
- External fuel and exhaust pressures.
Additionally VEMS also has the built in ability to control:
- Up to 2 Wideband O2 (Low cost Bosch LSU4).
- Up to 2 Knock sensors.
- Up to 2 Exhaust Gas Temperature sensors.
Throughout the development of VEMS, Customization has been by-word, the number of driver chanels are as plentiful as the ways of configuring their operation. Outputs can be triggered by temperature, rpm, throttle position, air pressure.
- 6 Low current drivers providing control for relays (fuel pump, fan, water pump) or lights (shift light, activation light).
- 8 High Current solanoid drivers that can be configured to control:
Variable cam timing solanoids (VTEC, VVT etc).
Idle air controllers.
VEMS features an advanced injector control system, which
- Coil drivers are built in and can be specified when purchasing a unit, up to 8 ignition coil drivers can be fitted, which can be configured to run single coils, wasted spark coil packs or Coil On Plugs. Because the coil control is built in VEMS has full control with coil charge/dwell times.
- An optional LCD display providing RPM, temperatures, EGT and Wideband AFR
- Some of the most advanced injector co
- Datalogging via Laptop or using an addtion Multimedia card.