|[Start]||[Questions ]||[ Injector]||[Ignition]||[Triger]||[Display]||[Wbo2]||[Config]||[Table]||[Wiring]||[Idle]|
Does anyone have a running config for Audi ADU/AAN ?
- find configs in VemsTune 1.1.27 project
- select right files for AAN ign, factory or 727cc/min injectors, camhall inverter or not, etc...
- see nonstandard 1.1.5x on MembersPage/MarcellGal/PowerAndTraction read the notes carefully
I have problem starting my Audi S2 B3 (original ecu) when it is hot.
Measure the engine speed G28 sensor = +- 15V wave looks nice
Measure Reference sensor G4 sensor = +- 75V wave looks nice but is it not too high voltage?
The car will not start but bangs and the tachometer needle is jumping op and down (0-2000 rpm)
Sometimes it starts and all problems are gone.
When I swab the vr sensor and turned the disruptor 2 mm the car started.
I think that one of the vr sensors I bad condition
Delayed fuelcut, cooling
- Is it possible to give some extra fuel when releasing the throttle at high rpm ? (cooling the pistons)
- there is a proposal to delay fuelcut, appr 1 sec after the TPS released (TPS <= iac_tps_threshold) condition is reached. This would be most useful during shifts. Would this be enough for you, or you envision something special ?
Iac related - why not make an iac subpage ?
We installed IAC control PWM valve and something went wrong.
We disabled the ignition based idle control and set the iac_conf RAW to 24 (hexa 18) in megatune then disconnect the connector on IAC walve
- still I can "speed up or down" (?) the RPM in TAG: idle RPM warm engine (rpm)
- the idle-RPM (target) applies to precise idle, that is PWM or stepper (but not to on-off type)
- Also sometimes the value 8 (hexa 08) can be seen in iac_conf RAW
- that means bit4=0, so idle-based ignition adjustment off. This is the best to start with
There are many other adjustments to get the idle right, eg. iac reference positions and iac PID settings.
Note the mdi.. command to force iac position (.. is hexa 01 .. FF; 00 turns off forced position, and applies normal control).
5/6-06: Is there some ware I can see all the Terminal commands listed like Man mcd ? if not maybe someone could make a list please.
There is a link to a pdf document here: GenBoard/MenuSystem //Mattias
- Thanks Mattias but i think it is wary confusing reading and understand the document.
I changed the injector set up and ego_pid_kp=20 all is working now great Marcell.
So way the old settings doesn’t work that is a mystery
Wonder about the firing order you recommend (h0) 02 08 04 01) should is not be (h0) 04 01 02 08 please look at this http://www.vems.hu/wiki/index.php?page=MembersPage%2FpeterJenseninjector.
My plan in the future is to run full sekventiel with cam trigger.
EGO settings and mode of operation.
When I turn on the EGO control then the car runs very lean ??
The VE table is adjust and the car is running well (lambda 1/14,7afr) but when the ecu hit the switch point to active the ego (1500 rpm) then its start to run lean. The lambda table is 1.0 in all the low bins.
Also if I force the lambda table to give more petrol (12 afr) the ego clock megatune stay at the same point no reaction but stay at the lean side.
It seems like something is inverted so ego react the opposites way.
If someone have an idée please write
- firmware version
- 1.0.23 firmware
- mct - as dumped from controller (TerminalProgram Man mct)
- mcd - as dumped from controller (TerminalProgram Man mcd)
- did you calibrate the WBO2 sensor ?
- Yes i did
- wbo2_calibration value ?
- calibration value 165 dicimal
- wbo2 sensor resistance ? (between sensor pin2 and pin6)
- Haven’t measure the resistance in the wbo2
- is the genboard supply voltage sufficient ?
- Yes min 14v
- MegaTune version
- [r028 complete package, with 1.0.23 firmware]
I suspect that
- it's not configured well for WBO2 (beware, driving long with this can deposit carbon on your LSU4 sensor => ruin it)
- or MegaTune lambda table is displayed bad because version used is incompatible with firmware.
Config suspicious items / hints:
- why are you firing all 4 injectors at the same time (h) and twice every cam revolution ?
- h=02 08 04 01 .... # (not 0F ...)
- alternate=03 # not 10 ; but increase cwl, cwh to appr 2x fuel quantity
- divider=01 # not 02
- cranking_thres=03 # = 399 RPM (megatune says 300); not 06 ; 699 RPM is awfully high
- doubling the VE j values (so max is around 200, not 100) and half req_fuel would be a good idea for tuning precision. But works this way to. Btw, you seem to have big injectors.
However, these don't explain any strange ego behaviour that you describe. But:
- ego_pid_kp=20 # instead of 01 ; also called as "incredible speed limit"
- ego_lag=01 # instead of 04
will make your EGO (128 times) faster, to near the reasonable value. It was configured so slow that it acted like a very long timeconstant filter (acting according to the average of last minute, not last few hundred msec), which explains the "reversion".
- The DSUB9 connector to the LCD had a bad connection or short-circuit so I cant get any numbers on the display now (worked well before)
- measure every connection for connectivity. End-to-end measurement is best ( relevant LCD pin to onboard pinheader - or DSUB9 if assembled controller is clamped ).
- document exactly your measurements (using pin numbers, colors, measured resistance). Also, link to docs you used in the first place.
- measure neighboring connections for shortcircuit. Also check againt GND (LCD metallic case)
If you apply some hotmelt after testing (at the DSUB9 and where the wires enter the LCD) and use good clearances, it's unlikely to cause problems later.
Would it not be a god start to replace the IC1 with a new IC to fix the display
NO !!! SMD unsoldering is 5 times harder than making a proper LCD cable. Make a proper LCD cable first.
- Answer: I made a new display include wiring so of course all the connections are checked.
- I think the problem may be found in the PCB but maybe it is not possible to measure the component there is bad or is there something I can do?
- unfortunately, there is no simple establised way to debug a possibly damaged board. Disable the stepper and test the S259 3..6 outputs (mdh36, mdh46, mdh56, mdh66 commands to reset, and mdhb6, mdhc6, mdhd6, mdhe6 to set), even possible with assembled ECM. Outputs 1 and 2 should work too (available on the LCD header), not sure about outputs 0 and 7.
- You can document how initially connected the bad LCD, so that might help
- There is light in the display. But the light is only 2 LEDs, quite independent from the main logic.
- Tried to replace with a new display include wiring and sub D but same negative result
- it would first make sense to make sure the new LCD + wire is correct (with another genboard?)
Remember that the most common mistake is forgetting the LCD contrast. (a 2k4 - or around - resistor between LCDpin1 GND and LCDpin3 contrast). If LCD shows nothing (neither squares nor garbage) this is the problem, almost for sure.