Nicke Nymans Volvo 242
- Volvo B21ET
- 4 cyl, OHC, 2 valves/cyl
- Stock B21ET bottom end
- Volvo V cam (279 degrees @ 0.51 mm, 11.37 mm valve lift)
- Custom intake plenum and 65 mm throttlebody
- Low impedance 900 cc/min injectors used with 6.8Ohm/50W resistors and a30 V TS diode on the flyback wire
- COPs from an Audi S4
- Long tubular turbo exhaust manifold
- Holset HX35 turbo, 55 in/60 out with 12 cm² exhaust housing.
- Large front mount intercooler
- Primary trigger consists of two metal points for simple trigger using Honeywell GT1 Hall-sensor, signal goes low 60 degrees before TDC.
- Secondary trigger is a lobe on the balance axel found in these engines, same rotational speed as the cam. Signal goes low after cyl 4 TDC and high again before TDC + 90 deg.
- The lobe was originally made for driving a mechanical pump
- The lobe has been shaped to be 10 mm wide and ends abruptly to get a good metal piece for the sensor
The car has only been run warm and mapped on low load with a malfunctioning generator, so all the maps are under development. Here are the files:
Current firmware is 1.0.73.