2004 Subaru STi in a tube frame chassis for hillclimbing, and full body, street legal chassis for Rally
Config before the upgrade:
Config for review/benchtesting: http://www.vems.hu/files/MembersPage/JasonRussell/Subaru/v3.3_n002843-A-2011.08.02-23.02.22_no-fire-camsync.vemscfg
When upgrading from 1.1.81 (running setup as of Sept 2010) to 1.1.95 on 8/2/2011 many settings got changed, most notably the ignition outputs were set to INVALID rather than the stepper outputs. After I left the car I also noticed that the Suzuki 36-2-2-2 setting was enabled. That's nothing I had touched.
Process for upgrade: Connect to ECU, Upload 1.1.95 which saves the config, after the upgrade it asks if you want to re-apply the saved config. I answered yes, asked if you want to fill in missing values with defaults, I answered yes.
Without camsync, you have to use [1.1.97] or newer (or the old ~1.1.85)
- around the AVCS changes, the subaru+camsync was made more versatile, but subaru + nocamsync was shortsightedly used up by the originally misdefined evotrigger around 1.1.91: available for subaru+nocamsync again in 1.1.97
- the code stealing the config was dropped (after the mitsubishi evo was defined properly with real scopeshot and triggerlog, it has a different implementation anyway with a non-conflicting config).
- just to be sure, from primary trigger dialog upload 'configlets/trigger/subaru 36-2-2-2_noCamSync.txt' after upgrading to 1.1.97
- and review the validate results
- the code supports the sectrig (with camshaft-position measurement for VVTI-AVCS) in a variety of combinations (including the old double-pulse camsync), see [VT help]
- capture triggerlog, preferrably with both trigger enabled.