The BigMotronicPnP? is on hold for a while until I have time again.
In the mean time IŽll be supplying VEMS PDF wiring info.
88pin motronic wiring information
Here is crank and cam captures for BMW M52 engine single vanos.
Can this cam sensor be made to work?
The ignition signal is number 1 cylinder.
Frequency changes during the toothed section and then go back to lower frequency when the tooth has passed
- even if it's implemented in firmware (fw modification + related config), some signal conditioning (LM1815 or similar) is needed, so Marcell made some prototype (actually with 3 different methods, 1 dropped and 2 good: both with their advantages) to convert signal to HALL type. (for original M52 sensor => v3, or possibly other ECU like Motec).
- assumed 1400 Hz and 2500 Hz signals (but also tested with 1700 Hz and 2100 Hz to be sure)... What are the actual signal freq ? Also, how does it look at the transition ? (sometimes glitch, or changes freq at zero crossing ?)
- This info would be nice for testing (the more realistic the better: for v3 trigger testing we play trigger waves captured from real engine, from recorded triggerlog, and also generated signal).
Currently the supported method (also see MembersPage/JasonVoytilla/BMW/Sensors
) : '''HALL replacement sensor: BMW 12 14 1 438 081 - Hall Effect Falling Edge. Pinout (from 1993 BMW .. .pdf document page#106 (m50 vanos)
- 1) power
- 2) signal
- 3) ground
Note: m52 page#98 has camshaft sensor middle (pin#2) going to mot88/pin64
That matches Gunnar's xls for camshaft (just forgot to mention HALL). So
- EC36/13 camHALL input= BMW88/pin64 (middle pin on the replacement HALL sensor connector)
- EC36/26 GND BMW88/pin43
- MOT88/pin54 +12V BMW88/pin65 +12V for HALL sensor (powered by the main relay, actuated by EC36/16)