VEMS Motronic ECU plug'n'play
Emil found out that the trigger error (wheel error) and bad running was caused by a broken of tooth off of the 135 primtrig VR wheel. That's why the engine suddenly began to show wheel-err and run bad after 2.5 years of good operation.
ignouts are nonstandard, 5 power-IGBT to drive renault COPs - a possible interference hazard by itself.
- Wheel-error counts up continuously with 2 different ECUs (both behave well on bench)
- We need to somehow cut ignition and see if wheel error continues counting. (overrun mode).
- Marcell scoped the crankhome-VR very precisely inside HALL window (only seen signal during cranking, no sparks)
- the 135 was a bit admittedly noisier though. AND ONE TOOTH BROKEN OFF !!!!
- The 1 cranktooth VR was changed to 5 tooth VR. 4 teeth were added (not stainless steel :-)
- the engine started with ECU pin47 and pin49 connected, but this (having both primary and sectrig pulse at same position) is not valid setup
- so inside the ECU the sectrig VR jumper was removed (the ECU is now sectrig=HALL). We left the camhall inverter setup inside the box (this just changes the trigger edge to be configured).
There is something strange:
- black 3pin female on firewall (ECU pin 47) seems to be inverted compared to factory (orig crankhome VR signal ?): Positive when moving hammer close (negative when moving away)
- grey 3pin female on firewall (ECU pin 49) seems to be factory setup: negative when moving hammer close (positive when moving away). For VEMS the inverse polarity is needed !
1.1.62 NoPS?2Firmware 10+1 trigger.