My name is Balázs Nagy.
Specifications and mods related to my Nissan.
Nissan Syline GTS-t RB25DET Spec2
- firing order: 153624
- 2.5L with Vct (Variable Cam Timing) which will be quite hard to program.
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 7turbo with stock manifold using converter
Front mount intercooler
Costum IC pipe
Costum made aluminium radiator with built in heat thermostat for electric fan
HKS super sequential bov (atmorpheric)
Full 64mm exhaust
1 x v3harness
- injectors: I6
- with_connector: LSU4.9connector
- with_relays: yes
- extra TESA tape: no 269.06EUR
1 x ECU VEMS V3
- withSDcard: no
- Special requests: no
- Service: slow
- secondary_trigger: HALL
- primary_trigger: HALL
- mounting-style: unspecified
- MAP connection: 300 kPa simplenipple
- LCD connection: no
- Knock input channels: 2
- ignition driver: 6+2
- Hi-side PFET outputs: 0
- Flyback: HighZ-only 30V flyback
- ETC BridgeOutput?_Interface: 0
- EGT input: 1
- 1-wire interface: no
Progress - Install
Ordered Vems, forgot to write in "nissan" for engine specifications, so modifying order for Nissan Hall trigger. Guys said it could be solved by ignoring secondary trigger abouve 2500 under secondary trigger settings
I ordered the Ecu with 6high current outputs and 2 logic level outputs, so Im planning on using the 4 stepper drivers to control the other 4 ignition modules. They are all logic type moduleles.
Although functionally not an issue: Some nice order like A,B,C,D,E,F would be nicer for firing order 153636 (unless generic harness + already plugged in => than leave as is)
EC36 Pin7 InjectorA? - cylinder No.1 on engine
EC36 Pin9 injectorE - cylinder No.5on engine
EC36 Pin8 InjectorC? - cylinder No.3 on engine
EC36 Pin18 injectorF - cylinder No.6 on engine
EC36 Pin19 to InjectorB? - cylinder No.2 on engine
EC36 Pin20 InjectorD? - cylinder No.4 on engine
I rewired the Ignition (listing as 123456 is BOGUS ! Always think and list in firing order !)
In 153624 firing order:
- Ec36 pin 11 logic level output with green wire goes to cylinder No.1
- Ec18 pin 5 stepper output with yellow wire goes to cylinder No.5
- Ec18 pin 4 stepper output with purple wire goes to cylinder No.3
- Ec18 pin 11 stepper output with green/black wire goes to cylinder No.6
- Ec36 pin 12 logic level output with orange wire goes to cylinder No.2
- Ec18 pin 10 stepper output with red wire goes to cylinder No.4
Power to ignition coils goes to fusebox with two red/black wires, I will use each of them to power 3-3 coils with 12V and the stock Nissan coils need 30amp fused power
Vems warned me about checking the harness. Checking every connection, Eg if the Bosch LSU WBO2 connections are okay, and to make sure it's not wired according to the older (and different according to "7-x" rule) Bosch LSU 4.2 pinout.
The wiring was perfect for LSU4.9 as the following:
Ecu EC18connector pin6 with yellow wire is connected to LSU4.9 pin 2
Ecu EC18connector pin9 with red wire is connected to LSU4.9 pin 1
Ecu EC18connector pin13 with black wire is connected to LSU4.9 pin 6
Ecu EC18connector pin18 with white wire is connected to LSU4.9 pin 3
LSU4.9 pin 4 with grey wire is connected by the harness to fusebox with 5amp fuse
Fuel Pump Wiring
How Can I Wire the fuel pump to vems with the harness I recieved in the kit?
- I think the blue wire goes to fuel pump 12v?
- maybe... Find a relay controlled by VEMS EC36/xx output
Knock Sensor Wiring
- White cable to knock sensor directly from Ec18Pin01?
- see EC18 paper (EC18/pin1 is almost always first knock input, when nr of knock inputs > 0)
Nissan VCT (Variable Cam Timing)
Which pins Take the place of the 2wire VCT solenoid on the Vems ecu?