14 Liter displacement V8 YAMZ engine, on producer-gas (wood-gas)
1800 RPM irrigation pump, appr. 170 kW (would be 140 kWe / liter at 1500 RPM)
- custom-sized turbocharger specifically for producer gas
- it was very difficult to achieve 40kWe / 4liter (10 kWe /liter) on a turbo 1500 RPM genset, because the turbine an compressor efficiencies are trash ~40 kW.
- Much better => easier around 170 kW range.
- primary trigger: 24-2 HALL type recommended with [Honeywell 1GT101 HALL sensor]
- since gear-driven camshaft is good enough, second trigger is not required
Standard analog inputs
- CLT Coolant temp
- MAT Manifold Air Temp
- EGT (exhaust gas temp before turbine)
- MAP Manifold Air Pressure: 400 kPa absolute
- TPS throttle position sensor
- Wideband oxygen
Extra analog inputs (0-5V)
- Oil temp
- Oil pressure
- EBP: exhaust backpressure ( before turbo, 400 kPa absolute)
- externally measured startup-mixture
Extra digital inputs:
- Oil pressure switch
- Coolant temp switch
- Oil-level switch (too low)
note: It's easier if we keep the number of analog inputs + digital inputs <= 7 (or max 8 with EGT).
- target RPM: 500-1800 RPM, 0-60 Hz, eg. 30 RPM /Hz
- Boostcontrol, WASTE GATE control
- mixture-valve (PWM command to leadscrew valve controller)
- tach output 0-2000
- "fuel valve" (fuel-pump output can be used, shuts down if engine stalls)
- 8 power-IGBTs for passive ignition transformers
Firing order ?