Don't forget to write in order comment if you "need 2nd WBO2 sensor inputs"
- The EC18 pins of the 2nd wideband are hijacked for wheelspeed, analog in and GND by default
- slide in the recepticles
- push in the backout fastener (otherwise you cannot plug in the sensor!)
- label the 2nd sensor, and temporarily connect the 2nd sensor to the first WBO2-female
- take note of calibration value, and write it to the calibration of 2nd sensor
- unplug sensor from 1st WBO2-female, and connect it to second WBO2-female.
- than calibrate sensor1 normally (connected to first WBO2-female).
Don't forget to change config.wbo2_calibration when you change sensor. GenBoard/VerThree has a precise calibration scheme, that depends on setting this ('soft') variable, and it does not read the (hardware) RCal in the sensor housing. (although GenBoard/VerThree can be used as a repair-station WBO2 controller, it's primary goal is engine management, where you rarely change sensor: LSU4 lasts for >100000 km)
WBO2 Connector Sources - are these solved perfectly now ?
The current source for WideBand connectors is waay too expensive.
The plug (is it the male or the female?) says tyco >PBT-GF30< 0-1475050-1
I queried tyco (they couldn't answer easier questions earlier, but we'll see).
The counter part female connector of LSU4 is made by Sumitomo.
Connectors for this sensor (2 rows of 3 pins) Can be purchased from www.impexfap.com, 1stvwparts.com, or a local VW dealer. Prices are a bit high. 1stvwparts.com is the lowest of the 3.
Connector part numbers:
- You need (1) 1J0-973-733 Connector Housing
- You need (3) 000-979-133-A Wire with 2 terminals
- You can try to find the bare terminals and crimp them youself, which will yield a neater install.
- You need (6) 357-972-741-A seal/grommet. This is now superseded by 1J0 972 741 A. Update: seal ordered has no central hole. Error here somewhere.
TODO: Some more WBO2 (2x3) female research would be nice.