Developer subpage of WebShop/UnderDevelopment/OfBiz
Ofbiz consultant (either company or individual) is wanted (professional services).
We would like to use ofbiz with a minimal functionality (really limited functionality compared to ofbiz' impressive featureset). But we have some small but showstopper problems. When trying new versions (from ofbiz svn trunk), one function gets fixed and one other breaks. We haven't found any version that suits our needs. (we would stop trying new version immediately, of course)
Maybe our data import (some party, contactmech, product and inventory-item, etc.. from earlier migration, mostly masterdata, without any transactional data) is partially incomplete. Eg. newly created facility / party works better for inventory-transfer than facility / party from our data-import. Hard to tell the difference (though the webtools/data maintenance is nice). We strongly believe that it's only some minor issue, maybe solvable by some dummy-fk-s, but if it turns out too bad, than we can drop the data and recreate it manually (maybe with the assistance of some csv => XML import wizard).
- testing before declaring an ofbiz version suitable for production in vems
- seems that we should outsource this to professionals
- help ofbiz users (shopkeepers, project managers, project members, etc...) learn the system
- 2 of our own administrators will be able to manage this
PLEASE WRITE HERE IF YOU KNOW OF A BUSINESS OR INDIVIDUAL WHO SUPPORTS OFBIZ. EU or Eastern-Europe is favored, but there are no geographic boundaries for this.
- undersun consulting ? - maybe they are too busy ?
Below are the functions we want to use
Descriptions need not be detailed as click on... by default, but should determine what we need. If you think something is not obvious, just make it more detailed (or ask question if it seems very hard).
Create a product - simple from Catalog module (warning: ... must be set ...)
Put a product into a category - eg. electronically controlled solenoid
Create inventory for a product - also possible from Facility
List Associations for a product - simple from product screen
Create association for a product - simple
Create prices for a product - selling and purchase (from given distributor)
New facility - create facility
List inventories - simple from Facility, Inventory. Also possible from product
Inventory variance for a product
Planned Inventory transfer
Inventory transfer status change: Sent out (note: inventory updated at origin)
Inventory transfer status change: Received (completed) (note: inventory updated at destination)
Create Manufacturing BOM relation between products
Create Engineering BOM relation between products - for CompenSation/Distribution
The above are Associations, so possible from the "Product Associations" as well.
Schedule manufacturing run
- with the help of product-facility records (ship-time and min-stock), help ordering
List "Manufacturing BOM" items that are not available or on order in needed quantity
This is postponed for now, until we get all the above working. There is also chance that the tree-data is stored in textfile, and reports generated with standalone (java,C or PERL) app. The algorithm is really simple.
List Engineering BOM percentages for a given facility for CompenSation/Distribution.
- Facility can be looked up from the Party (convenience).
- all products for that facility (products are activites, subprojects in this case, as you name), where inventory>0 and are involved in "Engineering BOM" associations and the associated products (possibly indirectly, through several depth)
- multiplied with guesstimated yearly profit of the product, so one can quickly see his shares (and easily filter out intermediate nodes in the product Engineering association tree that are for administration purpose).