Subpage of VemsTune
Audi AAN and 3B boxes are sent out with base map with applied changes as requested in the order comment.
- most common change: requested with "630cc / 670cc / 727cc injectors" (same injector, just flowrate at 3bar / 3.5bar / 4 bar according to square-root formula)... req_fuel=3.0 msec (instead of ~7.5msec for the small factory injectors)
- boxes sent out after 2008-07-31 "Cam HALL Inverter" is standard
Before working on a device, ALWAYS save, and ARCHIVE the config .vemscfg file to a safe place.
NOT NEEDED ANY LONGER, just left for reference
Even older method [here].
Simplified "Audi Quick start" method below was available since VemsTune 2011-04-22. It was primarily used when the factory config was not saved, than messed up (for 3B and AAN engines with certain injectors, with or without cam-HALL inverter and certain ignition output setups).
VemsTune menu was moved to: Tools/Firmware/Audi config upload (previously under File/project)
- Open a project file with Tools/Firmware/Audi config upload/open (open in VTHOME/defaultfirmwareconfig/audi) by default there are 2 project files.
- After opening the project file following dialog will appear:
- Select the apropriate cfg files and upload the config set to the ECU.
- Ignition outputs of the Audi AAN (ABY, ADU) controller intentionally changed on devices manufactured (or "retest-repaired") after 2012-07-12 (the new "logiclevel i259" outputs are somewhat more tolerant than the stepper).
- The paper (included with these new units) say: "Ignition driven by logic level."
- The configuration in the ECU is updated to match, but in case old config is loaded back by the user in any way (especially if experiencing "only cyl3 sparking" symptom), verify the ignition outputs (in firing order from top to bottom):
- Cyl1 Ign ch0 (old standard was Stepper D)
- Cyl2 Ign ch1 (old standard was Stepper C)
- Cyl4 Ign ch6 (old standard was Stepper B)
- Cyl5 Ign ch5 (old standard was Stepper A)
- Cyl3 Ign ch4 (same in old and new standard)
- Cam-HALL inverter is standard since 2008-06 unless requested otherwise (AudiTrigger/CamHALLInverter if in doubt)
- AAN is 5 ignition channels (basically same as =ADU =ABY harness)
- 3B is 1 ignition channel (distributer)
- extra ignition outputs are available on 3B ECU also for DIS (distributerless 5 or 3 channel) conversion
- Marcell is 3 ignition channel wasted spark. Cyl1 has it's own channel (firing every 720 crankdegree), cyl2,5 and cyl3,4 are paired in odd-fire wasted spark (firing with 2,3 events that is 288,432 crankdegrees interval)
- Example to upload project files that have been prepared (usually by the install supervisor or power-users) for certain (family of) setups. "Family" means: usually the trigger, IAC and other parameters are the same. There might be chosable options, like for injector size, cam-HALL example yes/no, or for ignition output setup (AAN/3B).
- After this step the process is same as in case of normal cfg upload (File/open cfg file).