More than 6 gears displayed in [VemsDisplay], sequential gearbox
Some sequential gearbox have 8 gears, voltage climbing in this order:
- reverse (lowest voltage)
- neutral (0)
- gear 1-6
original "request" from Roland:
- "extend config_ext.gears from 6 to 8 entries" (also used for boostcontrol)
- it turned out that implementing that in firmware + VemsTune would NOT be a solution for them (0..7 or 1..8 displayed would be misleading)
- if android Vemsdisplay is used in triggerframe mode (not AIM mode), than it sees mcp3208 analog inputs: would be possible to configure the voltages there, and display 0-6 and some special symbol for R (perhaps 7 or 8 or 9, but note that it is a special case: non-monotonous)
This wish would be considered normal priority (instead of low) had config + vemslog been provided, + voltages of the actual gearbox model documented
Save gauges layout
- show Km / Liter
- you means instead of 8.0 liter / 100 km, show 12.5 km / liter ? (probably also useful for miles / liter or miles / gallon depending on configuration)
- "Read / write from android device."
- save layout of gauges (perhaps to some unique ID/key), to be restored on another device with similar X/Y screen aspect ratio (editing gauges is laborsome)
- any serialization of layout or all data would suffice (to local file, or network). Eg if restore is only allowed/specified immediately after "FRESH" install, behaviour unspecified after any local layout changes - eg losing local layout settings: overwrite with no mercy, no merging
Page change by external source
Analog input change passing 2.5v on a specified analog channel will force vemsdisplay to change its display page, this is for cars with mounted android tablets and used as a dash, a button press will change pages DONE: see VD 2017-02-xx beta changes below
Not sure if the original request was mistaken but it is that a analog input to the ECU can drive the page changes in the android app.
Running out of descriptors (??)
- traditionally there are only 6 free analog (mcp) channels (+2 EGT + 7 other pre-assigned analogs)
- and 14 (+14 if counting imperial/metric versions) fully customisable predefined descriptors for them, running out ?
- Must be some misunderstanding (other than the message sent to the wrong channel, we cannot understand the use-case).
- Please make sure the intended use case is crystal clear (with reference to project page: what is already set, what else would be, and how; otherwise it cannot be handled, or even verified that it's satisfied or not).
- Example of predefined descriptors used in vemsdisplay TF mode:
Since [VemsDisplay 2017-02-xx beta] (and any future released) versions
package date 2017-03-17:
- much faster (re)connection speed in AIM/TF mode using both BT and USB
- Communication mode:
- NEW mode USB-OTG serial communicate using wired connection of Android device to v3 by USB-OTG serial cable
- NEW reset pointer peaks by double tapping screen
- NEW added gauge danger background color; a new colored area type for round and digital gauges, color "bg danger" sets the gauge background color to danger color with 50% transparency, editable though descriptor editor
- bugfix: graph/arcbar gauges respect descriptor min/max values for descriptors starting at non zero lower boundary
- bugfix: graph gauge did not respect theme background color, fixed
- Setting/Add gauge menus:
- made it easier to enter/press settings, add gauge buttons
- settings menu eliminated unnecessary sub menu's, revamped layout in device style.
- Setting/Gui settings:
- NEW added configuration export/import function; screen and gauge configurations are saved to device vemsfiles directory; can be imported at later time, or copied to other device and imported there.
package date 2017-02-27 or older:
- AIM stream input/decoding:
- added handling/decoding of Aim stream channels OILPRESSURE (9), OILTEMP (13), FUELTEMP (109), FUELPRESSURE (21), ERRORS (125)
- added descriptors for new Aim pressure/temperature/errors channels
- added descriptors for the Aim errors channel internal FLAG states
- Trigger Frame decoding:
- added handling of 1.2.38 firmware new FLAGS
- NEW gauge type -> Arcbar
- NEW in Aim mode, FLAGS available (decoded from error channel)
- Gauge Descriptor Editor:
- colored areas and gauge min/max allow entering fractions
- colored areas and gauge min/max navigation in row direction not column
- Gauge Settings Editor:
- width and height are auto synced in correct ratio for arcbar and round gauges
- NEW function -> Page change by external source
- change page by hardware buttons page up/page down wired directly to Android device 4 terminal jack plug follow [headset-spec] and wire button B/C (1 plug, 2 resistors, 2 push buttons).
- change page by volume up/down on the android device itself
Just in case: Data format changed somewhat, if app misbehaves (eg. crashes at startup) or you experience any problem. Please "clear app data" in "Android system preferences->app settings->vemsdisplay" before any further attempt (reinstall does NOT clear and will NOT help), or before firing any report. Thank you.