Motronic-55 plug and play ECU - various pinouts for different engines
There was demand for an advanced ECM that can be plugged to the place of a 55-pin (19 + 18 + 18) [JPT-connector] Motronic box, many cars (Audi, BMW, Porsche, Opel, GM) shipped at least from 1985..1996.
The Alubos frontplate for VEMS ECU with the Motronic-55 pin connector:
AUDI, BMW, Porsche and Peugeot lovers rejoice.
- VEMS Motronic-55 ECU [in an Audi S4], plugs into the place of motronic, driving an AAN engine (same as ADU/ABY). See VemsAudiAan
- What year/country is the S4 in this picture? (1994, EU AFAIK) I am told the S4 is throttle-by-wire and uses the newer 121 - pin ecu and connector///Kevin/Black
- Five cyl S2/RS2/S4/S6 - all have 55pin and no drive by wire. GintsK?.
- Audi 3B (engine with different pinout than AAN, only 1 ignition output signal in the factory harness) was also tested.
- actually, most 3B owners want some extra wires so they are able to use 5 ignition coils.
- PlugAndPlayMotronic/BmwEngines Does anyone have motronic55 pinout for M20B25 engine (from BMW 325 IX E30 1987..90) ? We received pinout from a guy who made Econoseal-motronic55 adapter harness earlier, but it would be good to verify
- PlugAndPlayMotronic/PeugeoutEngines? Does anyone have motronic55 pinout for some Peugeout engine (where motronic-55 was used) ? We hope to receive pinout from a guy who made Econoseal-motronic55 adapter harness earlier, but it would be good to verify
- Is there any information about the Peugeot 106 PnP??
- PlugAndPlayMotronic/PorscheEngines ... if someone wants it...
These can be purchased in [webshop]
[bigger picture] (this bigger picture taken without the pressure nipple)
There are many [motronic types], Even with the 55 pin connector. Oops ... broken link. anyone has a backup, or list from other source ?.
It makes sense to make hi-tech substitute for
- ECM used in many vehicles
- vehicles that are often tuned or played with
- not too advanced from the factory. It's unlikely that one would swap a new 96-pin motronic.
The 1.1 .. 1.3 Motronics on BMW seem to fall in this category.
The Audi 5cyl engine (InputTrigger/AudiTrigger eg. MembersPage/MarcellGal/PowerAndTraction) is a primary target, with either 1 or 5 ignition coils. Other motronic ECU-s, such as Porsche or BMW had similar pinout, but verification and customization is needed. Document the desired pin-mapping and genboard options if you want a box with this connector customized to your taste.
- collect links
- special issues (MAP, MAF signal, trigger?)
- extra connection for advanced features (like WBO2)
I MembersPage/JohanErikssonluleasweden runs my opel calibra with genboard v3.2 in motronic m2.8(55pin) box. I have placed 3 extra connectors on the top of the box for egt, wb02, boostcontrol.
Make a daughterboard to mesh with the GenBoard inside the case so that the pinouts can be easily changed either with a jumper board or a custom wiring board, makes it so you can plug it right into a system. Only the little ConnectorBoard? would require new layout (easy) for the right connector and the endplate would need done for each type of connector JPT-55p etc..
Digifant I is a definate that could be replaced. It is a common swap into turbo 8v's (VW's) as it has a standard vw wiring loom and is programmable these typically run ~200-300 used. Not including the custom chip, but comes w/ a wiring harness.
CIS-* cars: (all have restictive Fuel-air plate)
- CIS cars have only JPT7 for the ignition module no other connectors.
- CIS-Lambda cars have a O2 jetronic (K-Jet) 25 pin JPT connector
- CIS-Lambda with knock ( a common conversion for CIS-Lambda cars)
- CIS-Motronic.. Now there is a beast I know nothing about. fill me in.
Biggest market for VW's is problably the current A3 2.0 xflow motors, these motors are readily available, easily turbo'ed, and very good for being modified. Has a VR crank trigger, some have Hall cam triggers (4 window), it is already some type of motronic. and coilpack activated.
Higher profitablilty would be the 1.8T 20v motor. has all the right fittings, and sensors.
Note: VW needs waterproof design. Mk2, Mk3, Mk4 ECU was placed under windscreen near wiper mechanics. (/GintsK)?/
Good idea, but I think more usefully way the ecu interchange cabel between the factory ECU connector and the VEMS conector.
On this way no VEMS built in MAP sensor. The MAP sensor location in somewhere in the engine compartment and need one more interchange cabel between the VEMS MAP assy and factory MAF
- Very easy and quick installation.
- Factory loom is the best.
- No grounding "mistake".
- Easy uninstallation.
- MAP/MAF change means more torque and HP on higher rpm.
- Do not need new design for VEMS.
Other functions - that are not available in the factory loom
- BoostControl is available in standard audi harness
- Wideband is available through flying loom SSC connector through the endplate
- custom options are also possible, you can specify as on MembersPage/TeppoKalske
- 5 ignition outputs for the 3B engine (that only has 1 by default) and 1..2 analog inputs are very common