Hardware counters are very useful in a Micro Controller application. They can be used for generating PWM signal on the IO port, generating interrupt regularly or when we want it (see OnlineCourse/OutputCompareRegisters?).
- TIMER1 OCR1C (for v3 and TIMER3 for v2) takes care of most timing tasks in the application
- OCR1A available as an optionally HW-timed custom power output (DPAK FET / IGBT)
- OCR1B available as an optionally HW-timed custom power output (DPAK FET / IGBT)
PWM channels - below is for v3
- OCR0 is used for injector PWMing (64 usec)
- OCR3A pump1 control (16 usec)
- OCR3B pump2 control (16 usec)
- OCR3C custom DAC, optionally shaped, possibly external GND referenced (via midopa) output
- OCR2 ... who remembers ? ....