Maybe I misunderstood on phone.
Is this an audi with 24+1 "nissan-like" trigger ?
Move content under MembersPage/PeterJensen/.... if appropriate.
And reference teeth:
h=00 12 0C 06 ...
4 ignition level outputs needed to fire external ignition amplifiers
See GenBoard/Manual/IgnitionOutput Choose 0,1,4,5 channels which allows the widest set of ECUs (0, 2 or 4 IGBTs) to be used
- when testing something with borrowed ECU
- nr of. EC18 analog inputs have been extended over time. Always check carefully not to apply 12V (or anything outside 0-5V) to any analog input!
- or ordering ECU with different IGBT-number than intended
- or ordering ECU to be used with more than one car
Firing order is 1,3,4,2 Recommended order (list actually travelled upwards):
- cyl1: ignch0 EC36/35
- cyl2: ignch5 EC36/12
- cyl4: ignch1 EC36/33
- cyl3: ignch4 EC36/11
h=00 50 10 40 ...
With this ignition output setup, you can
- use assembled box with 0 IGBT, 2 IGBT or 4 IGBT
- with a missing tooth wheel you are able to limphome without camsync (disable camsync, shorten dwell and enable igndualout).
- Only to avoid towing. This is not good for running high-power (COPs would fry at the worst time when you are as far from home as ever ! Yes, COPs somehow always find the most inconvenient time if you abuse them)
- if the engine family is always equipped with a "coil-type trigger" (no missing tooth, so limphome without camsync not possible anyway) you can choose h=00 50 40 10... for readability. This order is easier to verify and rotate without a paper reference
In any case, keep written notes about subsystems in a thin paperbook in the glovebox.
BAD order, do NOT ever think about h=10 20 40 30 !!!
- cannot use ECU with 4 IGBTs
- cannot use ECU with 2 IGBTs
- can only use ECU with 0 IGBTs
- limphome without camsync not possible with any primary trigger wheel
- wiring instructions are not simpler in any way, as the EC36/xx pins will not be 1-2-3-4 or any "order" anyway
- if you choose a set of outputs (this is a very bad set), than you make the ignition output order look good (NOT cylN to ignchN !!!).
- you only make the wiring once, following written plans, looking at the EC36/xx column (not the ignch column)
- on the other hand you might verify ignition output configuration dozens of times
- even rotate it when trying to start. Or when upgrading from 1.0.x to 1.1.x if the reference tooth starts with 0 (as recommended).
Making a standard is good. But making something standard that is a bad idea for any setup is not good.
If the practical ignout set is not applicable - say ignch4= EC36/11 somehow not firing, use 6,7 instead of 4,5 for that instance, and write in the glovebox paperbook accordingly.
Still, the above recommended ignchannel output order should be the "standard".
Naturally, use 2,3,6,7 instead of 0,1,4,5 when using IGBT power outputs for that type of ignition transformers.
24+1 VR ?
VR as well ?
If you have 1 camsync pulse, but 2 camsync sensors, say 360 crankdegrees off (as on many nissans), you only need one. Try to mark it.
- with a supposed camsync problem, using the other camsync sensor is an option: just need to rotate ignition output order cyclically.