VEMS install on 90 degree V2 Honda engine - essentially an 8 cyl engine where only 2 cyls exist ectually
Firing order 360-90=270 and 360+90=450 degrees
- assumption: ec36/34 (cyl1) fires first
- cyl1 injection = ec36/ ... ?
- please correct the data if necessary, and delete this line
- than 270 crankdegrees later ec36/36 (cyl2) fires
- cyl2 injection = ec36/ ... ?
The engine started (with factory trigger 12 on crank and 1 on cam, also called c014 or 24+1)
- PLEASE UPLOAD that CONFIG.
- it's unreasonable to start from anything else, so this is a requirement of further support (it was explicitely requested earlier, but 5+ and 15+ manhours of the support-crew and the insteller and weeks were wasted because this was lacking)
- [vems 12 +cam inj- spark ok .vemscfg] misnamed file is not for the 12 cranktooth (24 per cycle) but 15 (matching the 16-1) tooth_wheel=0F
- However, the engine did not start easily (it should, because this is a motorbike). Needs more investigation.
- Also, at sudden transients trigger error appeared ( and loss of power).
- so the installer changed cam-wheel to 16-1 (so that crank/cam race condition cannot happen). This engine has proper gear-driven camshaft anyway (not belt).
16-1 on cam - since this engine has a proper gear driven camshaft (not a sloppy belt), the camwheel without crankwheel is perfect.
[Settings] for 16-1 wheel on cam
- tooth width=45 deg
- next trigger tooth=2 (which gives 90 degree)
- 8 cyl (even if only 2 cylinders are actually used)
- output 2 and 3 are actual outputs, 4,5,6, 4,5,6 are not actually connected (to anything)
Triggerlog needed - upload the triggerlog
- with both rising and falling edge for HALL primary trigger
- if both crank and camsync are HALL than this is 2*2=4 combinations
90 degree V2 overview
- same as an 8cyl, just 6 cylinders are missing
- honda vtr sp2.V90
- ecu: VEMS v3 firmware 1.1.81 serial no:3410.
- angle between cylinders is: 315 and 405 crankdeg (360-45, 360+45)
- factory ignadv 15 crankdeg
- intake valve opens 20 crankdeg BTDC
'''Trigger almost 16-1 type HALL jeladóval
While it commands sparks perfectly without sparkplugs, with sparks the RPM-changes are extreme (during cranking):
Please upload the triggerlog (captured with sparkplugs) so we can analyze properly ! From gimp measurements it seems:
- 66/38 = 1.7368
- 57/27 = 2.1111
- so around 180-190 % threshold might be good.'
- trigger timing: tdc after the trigger 121 deg.
- ??? degrees (15 is best, 10-20 can be acceptable)
- We want to help by verifying this, that is why the triggerlog is required
- we assume 15 crankdeg distance here
- cyl2 TDC cyl_1
- assumed 450 deg after cyl1 TDC, assuming 429 deg after crankpulse0 (429=450-15-6)
- if in actuality 270
- toothwidth=45 degree
- because this is crankdegree (22.5deg is WRONG)
- next trigger tooth=2
- trigger tooth =0 (which is 0 deg.)
- Change it to 1 if the "TDC after trigger" is more than 127, and subtract 45 from "TDC after the trigger" value
- TDC after the trigger: 121deg
- with above settings, TDC points come 69 + N *90 deg after crankpulse0
- the existing cylinder cyl2 is at 69 + 4*90 (=429)
- the existing cylinder cyl1 is at 69 + 7*90 (=699)
Ki kell javítani mert nem egyértelmű ! Egy adott ponthoz (általában cyl1 TDC) kell mérni minden eseményt/pulzust főtengely-fokban !
- az 1 henger alsó holtpontjánál ad jelet illetve a 2es henger alsó holtpontjánál is.
- mert a cam sync jeladón két jel van 1 tüske és vele szemben (???) 2 tüske.
- 1. tüske: 90 BTDC cyl1
- hengerekként 2 injektor van a fojto szelep után egymással szemben ezeket párhuzamosan kötöttem mert Ákos azt mondta elbírja (magas inpedenciás inj)kapcsolt plusz és negatív
- EC36/7 cyl 1
- EC36/19 cyl 2
- Bekötve a wbo2 és kalibrálva
- tps kalibrálva
- víz és a levego is kész
- egt kalibrálva
- map kalibrálva
- Coolant fan now working start - connected s259 5 inverted
- for this special "8 cylinder" (with 6 cyl missing) we recommend to use a stepper output (or any non-injector output) for the coolant relay.
- If we want to time injection without -45 +45 degree cheating, we want to configure all 8 channels for inj - therefore no injector outputs available for other purpose
- majd még szeretnénk ALS is 10fokos fojtóval max 5500 rpm ig..
Ignition outputs maximum 185rpm inditózás közben. Ha a gyertyák benne vannak a motorba akkor trigger erort ir (nincs szikra se)
Passive or active ignition transformers ?
- ignition now connecting ecu36 pin36 pin34 (ign/2 and ign/3)
- 0 and 1 earlier was unfortunate choice for ignout:
- for passive transformers we recommend EC36/34 and EC36/36 (ignchannel 2 and 3) because those are also available in the 2-IGBT version ! See [ignout] (also referred from [assembled controller in webshop] )
- Our proposed initial config assumes ignchannel 2 (cyl2) and 3 (cyl1) ign outputs are used - but easy to change if you know what you are doing
- for active coils ignchannel 4 and 5 makes sense so available even in the 6 IGBT version
- with these recommendations the widest set of controllers (any 2-6 IGBT) ECU will be suitable
- tested config with 1 tooth coil: http://www.vems.hu/files/MembersPage/HondaV2/v3.3_u001212-A-2011.03.16-12.09.16.vemscfg
- primary and secondary trigger,
- trigger tooth table
- inj and ign outputs
- all other will check and set
contact 06 30 276 75 75.
tölstd ki a helyén a kérdéseket (ne az aljára irj, hanem mindent abba a részbe ahova tartozik)