BMW-s from French Polynesia in Tahiti collecting info before ordering 3 different ECU VEMS V3 for 3 different BMW engine turbo projects.
Note: 3 projects interleaved is confusing, so page HAS BEEN split, see links below
This page: BMW S38B38 (M5 E34 3.8L euro version) turbo engine with (6 cylinders)
Sibling BMW projects (same installer):
- MembersPage/TahitiBmwSfifty BMW S50B32 (M3 E36 3.2L euro version with VR,VR,VR double Vanos )
- motronic88 is good option for S50B32 (econoseal VEMS ECU with the right options also controls it, but more work)
Make sure the correct trigger options are chosen, and strongly advised: in order comment refer to these wiki pages (max 1 project per page).
TODO: mention basics at top of pages, like "6cyl" or "4cyl" (and preferrably firing order also, eg 153624 or 1342)
Generic advice, applies to all 3 engines: [VEMS ECU supports all]
- Primary rule: CHOOSE DEFAULT if unsure (eg. 1-wire, ETC-interface, ...)
- 6 High Z (saturated) injectors which I want to control them in Full Sequential Procedure
- => no problem with camsync connected and configured properly
- What’s the meaning of : “ 1-wire interface” ?
- What’s the mounting style "no screws"
- photo: GenBoard/VerThree/CaseAndMounting
- choose default (flanged), or "no screws" if space is extremely tight (enough for 173mm, but not enough for flanges ~195mm)
- Ignition Driver : I have taken the 6+2
- for 4 cyl, or if you plan to use passive coils, choose 8 IGBT
- on 6 cyl, if uncertain (to be determined later: perhaps 6 active coils, perhaps 6 passive coils) choose 6+2
- remember the 4 stepper outputs can be used for 4 active coils
- bridgeoutput interface: only useful if also ordering [Bridgeoutput Driver], only recommended for experienced installers ( See [VT help] only recommended for experienced installers (please do NOT use DBW for first install)
BMW S38B38 (M5 E34 3.8L euro version) turbo engine with (6 cylinders)
6 High Z (saturated) injectors which I want to control them in Full Sequential Procedure
Ignition: with wasted spark coils pack which I want a wasted spark procedure
2 knock sensors already installed on the block
1 External map sensor connected in the Inlet Manifold
1 Exhaust Gaz Temperature already installed in the exhaust piping
1 Boost Solenoid connected to an external Wastegate
Primary Trigger is: VR
Secondary Trigger is: VR
BMW S38B38 (M5 E34 3.8L euro version)
- 1-wire interface NO
- EGT input 1
- ETC Bridge Output_Interface 1 => NO please
- Flyback HighZ-only 30V flyback
- Hi-side PFET outputs 4
- ignition driver 6+2
- Knock input channels 2
- LCD connection yes
- MAP connection offboard (electronic)
- mounting-style no-screws
- primary_trigger EC36/27 VR
- secondary_trigger EC36/13VR
- Service ASAP
- Special requests no
- withSDcard removable
-And could please confirm my choice of the primary trigger : VR and the secondary trigger : VR ?
See trigger below (and measure).
"I really want to order these parts from manufacturer not from reseller."
The only requirement is to edit these pages: maintain thematically (as in wiki, not chronologically as in email or forum), and non-interleaved (separate page for each project).
- measure primary and secondary trigger:
- if you find 2 pins with same resistance (usually between 350 and 1500 Ohm) in both directions, that is VR sensor. Otherwise HALL.
- take note of resistance