Sub page for MembersPage/SteenAndersen
TODO: split to subpages (injection, ignition, idle-air, etc...)
- Sorry it's all in the MembersPage/SteenAndersen/MyInstallation page, but not split nicely yet. I dont have Corel draw to make nice graphic. I Dont have Fixed setup yet, i'm still experimenting, and I dont run the car from vems yet.
My Progress status
This page should describe my progress, only current status here , old status moved to MembersPage/SteenAndersen/History
14. Aug. 2005
I have been very sick (hopitalized) and have not played with cars for a time, but now i slowly started up again.
I the last few month i have run the VEMS as a measuring system in my car, and collected parts to use for injection. I had a complete intake from a 91' with injectors, fuel lines, idle valve, and pressure regulator. So now i need to fabricate some adapters to mount the intake.
I made some testing on the desktop, with all injector's and Idle valve connected, and using mstxx mspxx commands and megatune.
So far i found some issues that need to be solved before vems is controlling my car.
- The idle solenoide PWM frequency has to go down to around 100Hz, since right now vems is frying the valve.
- The temperature range has to go higher than the 101°C that it supports now. But i'm not clear about what to do with all the config parameters if i just change numbers in in the termfactor.c what/where to change. And I like to use Celcius + 100 as temp bins giving a -100 to 155 range.
The RPM meter's signal has seem ok.
- I maybe like to do a 36-1 at crank, but have to fing a suitable wheel and sensor from some old car.
- and thinking about implementing the secondary trigger (maybe CAM-HALL) for fully sequential injection
- but cam gear is chain drive inside engine and all oiled up.
I have not had success to test the Ignition output from vems with the LED connected to +12 and IGN_xx from vems, it flickers very uneven making me questioning my trigger signal.
I may have to take a timing light apart (????) to make a test light.
- HW setup (channels used, eg. EC36pin.. for cyl..)
- Its all in the comments in the config, i'll try to make a table or something.
- and config and tables (dwell.., ignchmax and h is most suspicious) so it can be checked.
- it's all in the MembersPage/SteenAndersen/MyInstallation page, but not split nicely yet.
Check the wheel-error counter (LCD page01 mlp01 ) to see if the 36-1 signal is proper.
- I'm not running 36-1 Yet, i'm running on RPM signal from Bosch CDI ignition unit.