Subpage of MembersPage/ShellEcoMarathonHungary
Currently the engine is fuel injected but controlled carburetor seems like a good thing to try.
Although power savings can be achieved in some real application, not a big concern here, as the fuel pressure is provided by pressurized air in a strong PET bottle.
- It will turn out if it yields some other benefit.
Carburetor control can be implemented using the same mechanism as for wood gas / producer gas mixture control (which obviously cannot be injected).
- See boostcontrol, pgas target mode.
- Only PWM-type solenoid is supported currently
- not with stepper yet (2010-07-09), but we can implement that on request if you use a stepper valve or actuator in the carburetor to adjust lean/rich mixture.
- Decide if 1 stepper is enough, or 2 steppers needed (one 4-wire bipolar and one 6-wire unipolar supported by v3 hardware)