Having issue with secondary trigger and getting cam angles to work out.
I'm a little stuck with setting up camshaft control, I can get the car to run on sec trigger settings that seems to place the cam shafts @ 90 deg, of course this is outside of the acceptable window for control (of 5-35 deg) on both cams according to the software.
If I move the edge from Rising to Falling it lowers the cam positions from 90 to 45 deg, but then I get trigger errors for not enough secondary triggers (engine runs fine though).
I've tried shifting to other secondary cam tooth locations, but all I get is pops in the exhaust... do you think I need to shift the ignition and inj events to make this work or am I looking at this all wrong?
sorry first time setting up a somewhat complicated dual cam setup.
It's a MK4 VW R32 engine, so it has the following cam gear pickups:
Here are trigger logs:
CFG of running w/ cam sync - rising edge ECU showing cam angle @ 90 deg):
Complete log of running car and various attempts of moving the cam sync to another tooth:
I have reviewed your triggerlogs, cranking without inj and ign fuse, good format!
According to my review, the correct trigger settings for this engine should be:
- VT->Secondary trigger settings:
- Ignore sectrig pulses above = 255
- Maximum primary edge between secondary edges = 16 (to sync to the shortest sectrig window), see http://vems.hu/vt/help/v3/v3_secondary_trigger_settings.html for help about this.
- VT->Motorsports->Camshaft angle control:
- Exhaust side Edge = Falling (exhaust cam needs even distributed cam pulses)
Power cycle ecu after trigger edge change. It might be needed to shift ign output rotation after adjusting to these trigger settings (shift up 3 times).
After these changes please make another triggerlog (cranking no fuses) and vemslog of running engine to confirm it is running without trigger errors. I will make some further suggestions after review of these new files.
Best regards, Dave
- Hi Dave, did as you suggested above and the car fired right up without any issues or Trig errors. VVT is fully functioning as well, and the cams move to whatever I put in the target tables from what I can see. I didn't get an updated trigger log, but I will tomorrow and upload it just for reference. Thanks for the help!