Old archived stuff
Some sensor info:
- I have found a quite cheep TPS sensor. It's made by a company called EPS (Italian) and has part number #1.995.001 and it's replacement for BOSCH #0 280 122 001, i.e. one of the most common TPS sensors. It's about half the price of the BOSCH sensor, ~40 euro including 25% VAT (exterme VAT, courtesy of Sweden :( ).
- The other sensor is the MAT sensor. This one comes from VAG 1.8T and has BOSCH #0 280 130 085, VAG #058 905 379. It seems to be one of the best MAT sensors around, expcept for the BOSCH motorsport version. Really fast, easy to mount, probably less problems with heat surge and has a two pin JPT connection etc. 2.4 Kohm nominal resistance at +20 degress C. ~40 euro from VAG - cheaper than buying directly from BOSCH, strange indeed.
- Use original harness as much as possible, still cut harness and and patch in the EC36/EC18 harness.
- Use original sensor. Only CLT and knock and flywheel VR is usable.
- Extend the harness to acommodate directfire, cam home sensor, wide band lambda, etc.
- Old questions (and answers)
- The original crank sensor is a 60-2 hole VR sensor arrangement. I guess that the original LH 2.4 ECU doesn't have the filtering circuit on board but some external filtering circuit which generates a TTL "home" signal for every revolution of the crank shaft. I need to find this and decide wether to omit this totally and use the VR sensor option of GenBoard or use it and configure the Genboard apropriately.
- I guess this circuit has 2 outputs. Record both outputs, one at a time with the original 60-2 signal connected to the other channel (scope with probe in 10x divider mode, or PC soundcard with 100k and 1k voltage divider to divide signal to 1/100)
- The cam angle sensor could be implemented by obtaining an older distributor for the LH 2.2 (or maybe motronic) from an older 740 which used a hall sensor with 4 signals to control the ignition. By modifying the distributor, this could be changed to give the apropriate cam "home" signal.
- before grinding, draw and plan in wiki, so someone can help confirm the position (preferrably the falling edge of the HALL signal is used, and in current firmware there is some restriction on the position of the cam signal (chosen edge))