Just starting to put together an un-assembled VEMS v3.3 for a Turbo BMW 1989 325i.
- BMW M20B25
- VEMS v3.3
- Stock 60-2 Crank Trigger Wheel and VR Sensor
- Hall Sensor (from VEMS Web Shop) for Cam Sync (Magnet on Cam Gear)
- 6x Low-Z 893cc/min (85lb/hr) Injectors
- 6x Coil "Near" Plug
- Bosch 3-Wire Idle Valve
I have some questions. Here are the changes I have planned so far.
- Question: What kind of fuse for "450mA F1 on PCB"? Is there a recommended fuse type or installation method?
- Question: Do I need to connect D45? I am not using a Stepper Motor.
- Question: Is PCB v3.3 supposed to have "D37 Transient supression diode"? My PCB v3.3 board does not have a big diode on it.
Genboard Changes for Primary Trigger: VR
- Jump JS6
- Short JP2 to JP7
Genboard Changes for Secondary Trigger: Hall
- Remove C103 - Question: Is this the small diode in the middle of the last picture? De-solder and remove it?
Genboard Changes for Low-Z PWM Injector Driving
- Install Power Flyback Board (pictured below)
- VEMS Wiki Low-Z PWM Pages
Anti-Lag VEMS Wiki Pages
PCB v3.3 Assembly and Testing VEMS Wiki Pages
VEMS Distributorless Ignition Wiki Pages