This UseCase describes the Driver monitoring the engine state while driving.Q
is this thing integrated in to Megatune?Or aa entirely new and separate thing?Will this run paralell with MT or other tuning software?If i got it right,a laptop will be needed for this?!
Or can this whole ting to be adapted to the New Display system for vems?A
It's all part of a laptop application, like MegaTune but designed to be cross platform, pretty, more usable, and without the (perceived?) limitations of MegaTune. That said, there's nothing to stop someone using this UseCase to add to MegaTune, or develop something for a New Display system, or change LCD pages, etc. It would be cool if some of that happened.
Just to clarify, a UseCase is one description of the software usage. The finished application will encompass all of the UseCases.
The UseCase starts when the Driver connects the computer, starts the software, and enables the ignition.
The software displays engine runtim information in realtime, in a familiar and visually appealing manner. This will be as gauges or illuminated icons as most appropriate, and as most often used on existing car dashboards.
The following information is displayed:
- Engine speed in revolutions per minute
- Coolant temperature in Celcius and Farenheit
- Battery voltage in Volts
- Ignition advance in Degrees
- Lambda in lambda units or AFR
- Exhaust gas temperature in Celcius and Farenheit
- Manifold air pressure in Bar, kPa, or PSI
- Manifold air temperature in Celcius and Farenheit
- Throttle position in %
- Injector duty cycle in milliseconds (or percent?)
- Switchable between milliseconds and duty cycle (%) would be nice.
- Acceleration enrichment in ms or %
- Warmup enrichment in ms or %
- Afterstart enrichment in ms or %
- Barometric enrichment in ms or %
- Intake Air Temp related enrichment in ms or %
- Lambda table enrichment in ms or %
- Knock as a lamp
- Wideband lambda activation as a lamp
- Nitrous solendoid activation as a lamp
- Coolant fan activation as a lamp
- Water pump activation as a lamp
- RPM limiting as a lamp
- Oil temperature in Celcius and Farenheit
- Oil pressure in Bar, kPa, and PSI
- Transmission temperature in Celcius and Farenheit
- Misc output activation lamps (misc1 and misc2)
- Idle valve
- position for stepper in %
- duty cycle for the others in %
- Boost control wastegate frequency valve duty cycle
- Shift light activation lamp
- Anti Lag System activated lamp and maybe a calculated current ALS ignition and injection parameters.
- Selectable units for temperature, pressure, etc. Some people still like F and PSI etc... likely to use matheval library and let each gauge have runtime selectable units (say, a right-click on the gauge face).
- Current VE estimate from the VE map may be useful as a sanity check in the Enrichments page.
- Also consider putting target lambda & correction in there.
Maybe you can create individual displays for each enrichment variables,so users would have more information about what they doing.I personally need it,but it would be also great if it would be switchable.NanassyPeter?
We're well past information-overload for most people now, so yes, it'll have to be switchable. Probably spread over a couple of tabs or pages too, say, with all of the enrichments on one page.
The software presents the default selection of gauges by reading configuration data from a gauges.xml file, in a custom XML format. The Driver may display the gauges in full screen mode if desired, by selecting Display->Fullscreen.
In the event of out-of-range or dangerous readings (high EGT or low oil pressure for exammple), an audible alert is generated. If the affected display is a gauge, it will display an error lamp on the face. After the run, when RPM has dropped to zero, or idles for several minutes, the software suggests making a diagnostic and runtime log for analysis.
The display is updated continuously until the Driver ends the session or chooses another function within the software.