BMW E30 with M50B25 engine
- Engine: 6 cylinder, 24V, inline-6
- firing sequence: 1-5-3-6-2-4
- Ignition: COPs
- Trigger: 60-2 VR on crank and VR camsync.
- Injection: 400cc High impedance with high voltage flyback (30V bidir)
- Turbocharger: Holset HX50
Problem with camsync!
I'm now trying to run with secondary VR trigger(cam sync), but have serious problems!
The engine runs fine with cam sync till 3500rpm and then starts missfire(rummble). COP dwell is set to 2.2ms in megatune, but if i lover it to 1.8ms the engine runs fine till 4000rpm and then missfires starts.
I checked advance with strobe and the results are:
9deg in MT - 18deg on strobe
If i am correct that means, that cylinder is fired every engine revolution like in dual out (wasted spark COP) mode.
What can be wrong?
Using firmware 1.1.18
Here are current config and tables - http://www.vems.hu/wiki/index.php?page=MembersPage%2FReinisAndersons%2FCONFIG
- Only firmware developers and hardcore users can read the config table properly. Please upload the MSQ and an example datalog for us to see. Use the file upload area: http://www.vems.hu/filethingie.php (login is vems / vems, check out the memberspage directory and create your own there)
- Is 1.1.18 firmware compatible with 60-2 primary trigger and 1 tooth coil type secondary trigger(camsync)?
- Maybe this will help - take a look at my MSQ file on my member page. I am using Hall sensors for both crank and cam - not sure if this changes trigger edge - http://www.vems.hu/wiki/index.php?page=MembersPage%2FJasonVoytilla%2FBMW%2FConfig
- In VemsLogger? I see that I get smaller ignition advance at WOT than in spark table. For example 21 deg (100kpa and 4000rpm), but in spark table 24deg. What could cause this problem?
- Log and spark table - http://www.bmwpower.lv/bin/log.zip
Maybe the air temp ignition retard cause this. Check it here: http://www.vems.hu/wiki/index.php?page=GenBoard%2FManual%2FMatRetard
- I get Megatune startup error:
Expected "VEMS v1.1 12x12 kpa=2,2" (found in ini file)
Received "EMS v1.1 12x12 kpa=2,2" (from controller)
- Is this serious error? How can I correct it? (Firmware 1.1.18, but I got it with 1.0.69 full package too)
A: go to megatune basic settings and change:
MapRangeUnit? = 2 (Default)
Table kPa unit = 2 (High-Boost) Tim
- Just tried that, but i still get that error. When I change to Table kPa unit=1 I reciev "VEMS v1.1 12x12 kpa=2,1" (from controler). But with Table kPa unit=2 I reciev "EMS v1.1 12x12 kPa=2,2" (from controler) as mentioned above.
- After finding error in triger config the engine is running! =)
- which firmware ? 1.1.x or 1.0.x ?
- What was the error ? tooth_wheel_twidth1 and tooth_wheel_twidth2 ?
- Firmware 1.1.14. Yes, tooth_wheel_twidth is diferent as said in http://www.vems.hu/manual/html/ch09.html#Detailed.Sensor.RPM
2007-05-23 - obsolete
I'm installing V3.3 on my car, but something is wrong.
When H=00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 i get spark to one bank every revolution.
But when I set H=28 14 00 28 14 00 00 00 I get no spark at all!
(turned out to be bad config, see above)