some notes from IRC
- Can you think of any reason why a change from 1.0.53 to 1.0.73 would make idle and part throttle terrible?
- No idea. Maybe I could explain if it were 1.0.73 to 1.0.53
- or, maybe the h migration was forgotten and running on 2 cylinders ;-) make sure to change to h=00 10 20 30 ... style instead of old 00 01 02 03 ...
- seems to be handled
- looks like a 36-1 4cyl wasted spark
- boostcontrol in use, with "simple-boost" (boost_conf bit1=1) setup
- That should not make any difference at idle and low load though
- How do we stop the IACV from clicking if the engine is not running?
- the IACV must be at a position to be able to start the engine, so you cannot simply cut power
- my audi IAC valve stopped clicking when I set iac_speed=00, but my audi iac solenoid also needed a schottky flyback
- you think it might be flyback related then?
- some IAC valves like the 30V flyback (like the BMW dualsolenoid seems so), others like low-voltage flyback (=> try a diode, schottky or BY399 or 1n4007 if you only have that)
- do you make good results with iac PID I=0 D=0 (proportional controller) ?
- not really - everything else was worse though. These guys are not too bothered about stable idle on a car with the cams its running. If you pay them to setup idle they'll do it. But no one does. Everyone wants a power curve and some throttle response :(
- iac asymmetric behavior iac_conf bit6=1 got a bit more aggressive between 1.0.53 and 1.0.73. RPM < RPM_target, it was *2 earlier, now *4. With a reasonable iac tune that shouldn't make much difference (slightly better). With a mistuned iac, it might make it oscillating more. It seems like some iac tuning is needed in this case ;-)
- egt1_cal=64 ... something crazy must be going on (should be 0x49+-1, explain how you calibrate)
- EGT not used on this engine