We have made a little program called Pocket VMS.
It can be used to see reel time values and itīs not for tuning your engine.
You can see the most important values like lambda/afr, rpm, L/km, L/t, also data logging is possible and if the phone has connection to internet it will automatically send data to a server for later use. Data will be stored for too days then automatically deleted.
OS: win mobile 5.0-6.5, xp, vista.
More to come.
If someone have a smart function they would like us to implant, then feel free to write and we will see if it can be made.
Testing the program in my Audi S2
Per Andersen (programmer) and his nice rallycar
- does it use the 'A' or 'D' command to query the ECU ?
- We use "A" and checksum
- if the 'D' command, does it check the CRC checksum ?
- or does it use AIM stream ?
- No AIM stream used
- note that in the future the byte-stuffing (and CRC protected, variable framelength, where framelength might not be known in advance) "triggerlog protocol" will be preferred (byte stuffing is trivial ~10 lines) to make it possible to interleave with other data. But the "A" and "D" command will be available for a long time.
- what language is it written in ? (C / C++ / Lua / Java ?)
- Written in C#
- is the zip available for download ? (I guess just unzip and run, no special installation needed ?)
- You have to run the ".cab" file and the program will then be installed on the device.
- "Important" that you have installed framework 3.5 on your unit otherwise the app. Will not run.
The first build 1.00 almost tested fine but afr seamed 1.0 off so did some scaling.
The trial version of Pocket VMS is limited to running online for 4 minutes on the engine managment, GPS and updating the webserver. After that you must restart the software to gain 4 minutes more.
Pocket VMS is available as a free trial and as a full version for USD $15.
- How you communicate with ecu? Bluetooth-serial convertert on
- The commutation is wireless Bluetooth and if running xp you can use normal seriel or adapter.
- Can you make code for andriod in near future?
- The Andriod code is wary complex at the time and tool's are limited so it will take twice the time to make this app but yes we have considered it.
Today PocketVMS? has been tested on Peters Audi with success.
Website is now up running on