Please make the reference to VemsTune and not mcd/mct commands (not all installers know what meaning of the tags )
Trigger of a Bmw 60-2 hall sensor on the crank
Getting trigger errors at 3000 rpmīs then mounted 9 k ohm to r30 then getting errors at 6000 rpmīs
Board is setup to read HALL.
- Not really, the setup is not complete!
- We usually use stronger, 2k7 pullup with HALL input (that's what is used in pre-assembled)
- Find the HALL section on GenBoard/Manual/InputTriggerHardWare
Volvo 5 cyl turbo 1999
- Car started using 1.1.79. Only if I crank long time >6 sec it louse sync we can live with that.
Great work guys
When setting up this car I ran into problems.
Firmware is 1.1.75 as requested
Cam 180 degrees = high next 180 degrees = low
the test result is based on bench testing because I think there may be something wrong with the crank trigger wheel, it seams that I louse a negative signal somewhere maybe a ion fragment but I will confirm later.
The car cranks at 161 VT rpmīs so I set the signal generator (jimstrim) to 161 rpm.
At 161 rpm I get the cync getting on and off. Trig tooth 5 and 60 sensor degrees. If I type 63 degrees itīs working correct.
The strengths part is if I set crank/after start switching point to 99 (norm 300) the problem are gone
What I seen Trig tooth 5 and 60 sensor degrees crank/after start switching point to 300 rpm.
100-130 = good
131-173 = bad
174 – and up is good
- Do you also have vemslog of the behavior ?
- do you see RPM spike when the problem happens ?
- [www.vems.hu/download/v3/firmware/experimental/ 1.1.79] has low-RPM cranking RPM-calc fix: ign+inj actuation goes below 120 RPM (down to 30 RPM and below with some triggers, eg. 60-2), when RPM shows constant 100 RPM (not the precise RPM).
We tested with the following config (almost yours, just the outputs are different for test and the rpm limits to test very high RPM) on FW 1.1.79
It works fine from 80 RPM, but can be good smaller RPM too with real trigger.
Bmw E46 stretch six cyl.
Only pre_trigger used
Firing order 1-5-3-6-2-4
cyl. 1-6 to ec 36 pin 24,10
cyl. 5-2 to ec 36 pin 34,36
cyl. 3-4 to ec 36 pin 35,33
So firing this way h2 vemstune
0 ign out 6+7 ec 36 pin 24, 10
1 ign out 2+3 ec 36 pin 34, 36
2 ign out 0+1 ec 36 pin 33, 35
inj 1 cyl 1 to output 1 pin 7
inj 2 cyl 2 to output 2 pin 19
inj 3 cyl 3 to output 3 pin 8
inj 4 cyl 4 to output 4 pin 20
inj 5 cyl 5 to output 5 pin 9
inj 6 cyl 6 to output 6 pin 18
So inj firing order is: (maybe this have to be moved two places)
injgrupe 0 cyl 2 out 2 pin 19
injgrupe 1 cyl 6 out 6 pin 18
injgrupe 2 cyl 3 out 3 pin 8
injgrupe 3 cyl 5 out 5 pin 9
injgrupe 4 cyl 1 out 1 pin 7
injgrupe 5 cyl 4 out 4 pin 20