Corrado g60 turbo
|[Start]||[Questions ]||[ Injector]||[Ignition]||[Triger]||[Display]||[Wbo2]||[Config]||[Table]||[Wiring]||[Idle]||[Tools]|
|[Start]||[Questions ]||[ Injector]||[Ignition]||[Triger]||[Display]||[Wbo2]||[Config]||[Table]||[Wiring]||[Idle]||[Tools]||[ConsumerCars]|
We are trying to set-up coil type trigger, 4+1 but without camsync (using distributer).
Car Vw polo turbo
- 4 cyl
- Firing sequence 1342
- ign wiring : using one coil ec 36 pin 10
Trigger is original disturber type hall. Two signals pr. Crank Rev.
Firmware 1.1.62, but 1.1.70 recommended - benchtest if possible. Review all tables (disable anytrim if not used).
- Primary trigger Settings:
Type: coil typ
Missing tooth: typ ---
Special trigger type: Normal
Tdc after the trigger: 10
Number of teeth on the wheel: 4 ( 2 is BAD)
First trigger tooth: 0
Next trigger tooth: 1
Angular width of the teeth: 180 (90 does not make sense)
Crank min: 2000 lower, even 0 would be OK
Advance filtering: Disabled
- Secondary trigger: disabled
- Trigger ref tooth:
- rest 4 does not matter ...
- Coil charge time map scale: 0 (Dwell is flying around)
tested successfull on branch with the following config:
(check the outputs, this is different from your)
2010-03-04 (please don't mix with data from any other projects. This is important ! Cannot get a good overview that wastes a lot of time and makes it hard to help). Split this project to a page of it's own (or move the info that relates to other projects).
Need support to get the sec_trig HALL working
- this seems totally bad, invalid config. Not sure where they got it from. Why not starting from a working 60-2 setup ? For missing tooth setup, turn off filtering (advanced filtering is an option, but it should NOT be needed either)
- h=64 50 3C 28 14 00 FF FF
- this is OK for 6 cyl when sectrig enabled.
- but h=00 64 50 3C 28 14 FF FF provides faster startup during cranking (rotate the ignoutputs to match).
- Need to change to h=00 28 14 00 28 14 FF FF when disabling sectrig (eg. when trying with wasted spark ignition. or just testing primtrig sensor, RPM, etc...)
Car Bmw E46 6 cyl COP pri_trigger 60-2 hall is working.
- some BMW have VR cam sensor. Detail how you got certain that this engine has HALL. Sensor Ohm measurements ?
Due anyone know ware to find the schematic on 3,6 . having trouble to get the sec_trigger hall to work?
- Thanks Marcell
Her is the correct pic of the board taken of the exact board (by reseller)
- he installed the 0 Ohm correctly. So the EC36/13 cam-HALL signal should now get to the processor (w/out camHALL inverter. good).
unfortunately they have made the measurement wrong, they could not measure 5 V at sec_trig with disconnected sensor
- maybe a broken multimeter
- maybe bad ground wiring blew up p259 chip inside shorting the small 78L05 SOT89 regulator's output to ground ?
- This voltage measurement is absolutely very important. We MUST know voltage measured without sensor. MUST be >3V, otherwise there is absolutely no way the sectrig HALL could work !!!
- Should preferrably also measure the voltage when pulling with 1k (or similar, but known resistance) towards ground. (That would confirm the internal 2k7 pullup resistance toward +5V => eg. that it's not shorted or something...).
With the sensors connected they have no rpm at all
- and if disconnecting sec_trig (Vt) they have fine rpm.
- rephrase this sentence. You mean "disabling" sectrig (in config) ?
So please see the config if something is wrong and also validate the hardware.
- the 2k7 EC36/13 input pullup is there, good
- the other 2k7 is OK (any value from 0-10k would be OK, since you don't use cam-HALL inverter)
- you seem to miss the "B=>C" blob from the sot23 transistor pads. Just solder a blob there, or a very small value resistor, like 18 Ohm (leave the 3d "gnd - emitter" pad alone.)
- apparently that's all you need to get the signal to the processor. The cathode of the 5V1 (SOD80 smd) zener goes directly to the processor pin.
Solder a blob or wire to set up as secondary trigger=HALL (with no cam-HALL inverter) :
After several attempts I got the main.hex uploaded to Avr but I have not been abele to get the serial communication working what could be wrong?
I have tried command S,s Man but no serial contact
Avrdude version: avrdude-5.6cvs.tar
Bootloader ISP upload
To upload main.hex using Avrdude and ISP find main.hex in http://www.vems.hu/download/v3/bootloader/
I have a problem with contacting megatune
Vems have been subjected to great hardship as there has been a bad ground connection.
- p259 is usually the first victim (often the LM1815 VR trigger chip supply gets lost), but the fetdriver, mcp3208, i259, the processor or other chips can get damaged.
when I turn on Vems can I get connection for about 2 seckunder with megatune and then lose my connection.
- just in case, check firmware version (ManmdV? and megatune version).
after 2 seconds prosessoren bring some of the output high
- high or active ? Active means low for injector control pins (because fetdriver is inverting)
- which legs ?
Is it possible to delete the program in prosessoren and then upload a new firmware ?
- yes, just upload a firmware.
- you can verify before uploading new firmware, to see if it changed since you uploaded (this is extremely unlikely though)
- if you cannot upload via megaloader / vems.hu/download/v3gui/ vemstune, and suspect bootloader damage, it is possible to remove endplate and reupload bootloader with ISP, but this is extremely unlikely to be the solution (damaged bootloader is just very unlikely ).
Dual Stage Injection
A friend of mine is consider to buy Vems and he has some questions:
Can Vems run dual stage on a 5 cyl. S2 engine (10 injectors)
If yes can he adjust the petrol/methanol (second stage) like a look up table?
He likes to have petrol like normal 5 1025 ml. inj. And petrol mixed with 20% methanol fore the five-second stage injectors and it is necessary to could adjust the mix in rpm and load
you can set the flowrate ratio of injectors (first and 2nd stage).
You don't need to set 2 VE tables, just one. The 2nd stage is only used at higher pulsewidth (higher load).
Audi S2 standard TEMPERATURE sensors
Need to calibrate the mat and coolant.
What airXfactor hex and cltfactor hex.
The best for coolant is 1900 256 (shows appr 10C lower, so you get indication well above 102C coolant temp).
For air: 425_260 is a good starting point for a PTC, with the 430 Ohm pullup (2700 Ohm x 510 Ohm).
Minor note: even if you have an NTC table in the ECU right now, the reading is useful to find out where the ADC is at certain temp to make a good choice: download calibration zip from EasyTherm and use the csv spreadsheets).
Question: Is this a good setup fore 60-2 trigger. Peugeot 2,0
Next trigger tooth must be 30 !
Also, strobe the engine for exact ign_tdcdelay (1 tooth + 60 degree might not be dead on).