This is 1995 Audi S6 with 4.2 V8 ABH engine.
TRIGGER: It has "auditrigger" arrangement: 136 (NOT 135) teeth and reference pin on the flywheel (2x VR sensors) and CAM sync on distributor.
1.1.23 or later, config as on InputTrigger/AudiTrigger but
- primary_trigger=C3 (not 43)
- this means auditrigger, divideby-2 setup
- tooth_wheel=88 (136 tooth=272/2)
- obviously 0x44 if camsync HALL not used (136/2=68)
- another_trigger_tooth=11 (272/8=34 tooth in real, but decimal 17 because of the divideby-2)
- Please update these you must do some benchtest anyway !!!
- h=00 77 66 55 44 33 22 11
- h=00 70 60 50 40 30 20 10
- and wire ignition outputs according to firing sequence !
IGNITION: Right now it has two distributors but the owner has bought 1.8T passive COP's like on A8 engines. These are good COPs :) So it will run dual-out.
It would be better to use 8 IGBT and drive the 8 coils individually. Since you have camsync anyway, I see absolutely no reason for ign dualout (that wears the coils and sparkplugs faster). I would only use ign_dualout as limphome, if the HALL sensor was bad or something.
FUEL: OEM injectors right now.
NITROUS: Features NEX dual wet nitrous oxide system, nozzles are available from 50-200hp.
I have one v3.3 here that has 8 power outputs and primarytrigger: VR, what do I have to add to VEMS to convert it to "auditrigger"?
- See how to convert to VR,VR (secondary_trigger=VR) GenBoard/Manual/InputTriggerHardWare
- besides soldering the secondary trigger LM1815 on, don't forget to close (add a solderblob) to the jumper at the bottom of the board, under the FETs
- the standard way to wire the internal secondary_trigger VR signal is EC18pin12 (see assembled v3.x controller in webshop)
- the HALL "mask" input of the secondary trigger is still available via EC36pin13
- check the 33kOhm (or 75k/2) at the primary_trigger LM1815 (yes the primary_trigger LM1815, that sees the real many teeth!)
In benchtest, you will use c722 type signal (not c270 as in the 135 tooth auditrigger). Leave the HALL signal out during benchtests. As an experiment, pull down the HALL to GND (ignition will be cut).
Q: Can I leave Hall cam sync out of the game and just use two VR's on crank since I'll do dual-out and it's a V8?
- it's also possible (to not use camsync) with wasted spark, which is probably a better solution than stressing the coils with dual-out.