Opel Astra G Z20LET 2.0 16V Turbo with GTX3076
ETC throttle body (dummy ETC, similar is working and tuned in a similar engine)
Primary trigger: VR 60-2 stock
Ignition coils from Audi VAG COP, connected to protected stepper output.
Factory engine does NOT have a stepper IAC at all, right ?
- There is not IAC but have chance of use if it is necessary. It is a hibrid engine. There are some parts from Z20LET and some from C20LET.
Cruise control (tempomat). Experimental
first stage: ETC will be tuned normal.
- with config/table switching, and careful experiment, some ETC tuning will be attempted in gear5
- analyzing the logs; study feasibility (if same control strategy, with suitable parameters are OK, or strategy changes needed).
- if conclusion is positive, implement adjustable RPM-target with the usual cruisecontrol interface: the clutch and perhaps the brake input on direct mcp3208 input: some others on analog input multiplexer inputs)
2nd RS232 ( not strictly needed, but potentially useful for Smartbridge )
Some of the VEMS analog inputs (planned to) be programmed to function:
- cruisecontrol ("Tempomat") activation switch.
- when just activated (with speedincdec input in mid 2-3V state verified) => Latch RPMtarget=actual RPM
- Speed increase/decrease button (mid / high / low states). In mid position the analog input voltage is appr 2-3Volt. high and low states:
- high: 4-5V RPMtarget++ (when mid => high transition is detected after min 0.2 sec after previous similar)
- low: 0-1V RPMtarget-- (might continuously decrease RPM if kept in low; deactivates cruisecontrol if RPMtarget <= idle RPM)
- Clutch position switch : launch control and, WOT shiftcut
- when this input is activated, it deactivates cruisecontrol
- Brake pedal position switch. Like clutch pedal: deactivates cruisecontrol
- PPS or ETC off-target also deactivates cruisecontrol
- RPM > RPMtarget * 1.03 also deactivates cruisecontrol (=> idle target, with the usual safety mechanisms)
Traction control experiment
- anytrim based boosttarget
- from 1st and 2nd wheel speed difference.
- does not need analog input because i can switch off the second wheel speed signal (for the driven wheel wheelspeed=0)
VEMS ECU is ordered with
- 1 EGT + 5 direct analog inputs to mcp3208.
- 2 with pullup
- 3 no pullup
- and 8 analogmultiplexer inputs
- appr 4 will be used for operation
- maybe others for logging